Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our new blog

I've finally decided to start my own blog. I will do my best to keep it updated, but time will tell how I actually manage to do this. I think I will start by giving a quick overview of what is going on in our lives.

Kevin is getting ready to start his third year as a graduate student at Stanford University. He is working in the Boxer lab where he is studying Split Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP). His first paper was just published in the Journal of American Chemical Society (JACS) earlier this month and I am very proud of him. If you want to check out the paper online follow this link.... http://www.stanford.edu/group/boxer/. Click on the link for GFP. Then scroll to the bottom and click on the link for #259.

I am currently finishing up my Clinical Laboratory Science Program at San Jose State University. My internship is at Stanford Hospital Clinical Labs and I am currently in my Transfusion Service Rotation. I am preparing for a comprehensive final on August 8th so I am keeping busy studying everything I've learned in the last year. After the final I will study even more and get ready for the ASCP certification exam until graduation on Sept. 6th. Then I can take the exam and hopefully pass the first time!! It is going to be a stressful month or so, but I can't wait to finish up. I'm ready to be done with school and finally start a career. It is a really exciting time and it will be nice to get my first paycheck and benefits!!

Right now Kevin and I are living with our cat Lupin in Mountain View. Lupin is a pain, but for some reason I love him anyway. We really like our apartment and the location. It is hard to believe it has been almost 2 years since we moved out here. Although we miss home, it has gotten easier being so far away. We have made lots of good friends and we are having a lot of fun.


I don't have any recent pictures because our camera just broke. This picture is from May. We are at a Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco. My mom came to visit and we met up with her friend Chris and her son Andy who live is S.F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woooo! SF in da house!