The trip we went on was awesome. It was a Stanford sponsored event for graduate students. This 'Powderbound' trip was designed for those who haven't been skiing/snowboarding very much. Kevin has been skiing quite a bit so he decided to try out snowboarding. I've really only been skiing once last year so I thought this trip would be good for me. We took a big bus up to Tahoe early last Sunday morning and arrived to rent our gear. After that we all got lessons and our instructor was great. After that, we had the rest of the afternoon to ski on our own. The best part of the trip was the fact that it only cost us $45 each!!! An amazing price!! We only had to buy food the rest of the time.
It was pretty warm that day, about 50 degrees so our layers quickly came off. I really felt like I was improving on my turns and had a blast. Last year I took a lesson, but it wasn't very good so I spent most of the time just trying to figure things out on my own. I feel like I've improved so much and I am excited to go skiing again and do more difficult slopes.
I think Brian and Moria also had a pretty good time. Brian had never been on skis before so it was a great opportunity for him. I don't know if he loves skiing yet like the rest of us, but hopefully we can get him to come back again. There is another 'Powderbound' trip for beginner/intermediate in Feb or March so maybe we could do that. Kevin's lab group is also planning a weekend ski trip so we may do that instead.
My new job is going pretty well. I love my co-workers and it feels great to not just be a student anymore! Plus, I just got my first paycheck (just one weeks worth of work) yesterday and I was so excited. This job pays so much better than the bookstore!!! We celebrated by going out for Thai food last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment