Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thanksgiving in Kansas....Finally.

It has taken me long enough, but I am finally getting to uploading, editing, and working on this blog from Thanksgiving. Our trip was amazing and memorable and we are so happy we were able to be home with our families on this holiday.

Kevin and me getting ready for our red eye flight to make home for Thanksgiving.


After getting to Kansas we rushed to get showered and headed out to the farm to have lunch with the Copp's. It was wonderful seeing grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins!
It was fun being with the kids again even though I just got to see them. I know Hailie and Seth were excited to see Kevin again since it had been longer since they had him to wrestle and throw them around.
The weather was great that afternoon. There was definitely a chill in the air, but we were able to play outside for awhile.
Rolling down hills is a favorite pastime for young and old.
We decided to head out and check out the buffalo since they were pretty close to the house.
I accidentally left my camera out at the farm so I didn't have it for when we went over to the Kent's house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was great having dinner with everyone and we were very thankful to be home. We ate wonderful food and enjoyed playing games with Kevin's family. We were pretty tired by the end of the day, but getting to see both our families over this holiday was well worth it. It is pretty hard to believe that our last Thanksgiving in Kansas was 4 years ago. Thank goodness it worked out!

After Thanksgiving we enjoyed spending quality time with all our loved ones. We brought Hailie and Seth out to the lake and had fun throwing rocks in the water. (It doesn't take much to entertain children)

I love love love this picture.

Brotherly love.

A Kent family holiday lunch. There were so many people in that house! Here are all the Grand kids and Great Grand kids. It is amazing how big things get once people start getting married and having kids!
A family dinner with the Kent's, Watkins' and McGranahan's. We mixed things up with Mexican food after a week of Thanksgiving dishes.

Patti, Carli, and Theresa.

If you haven't played Guesstures....you should. You get to see people do funny things like this.
A group picture. We had a good laugh while trying to take this. I was setting the timer and running over so we could all be in the picture. I was trying to do it in 2 seconds since 10 seems like an eternity. I'd made it a couple times, but then on the last time I slipped and came flying into the stairs. The best part is that we got a picture of it and the faces of everyone is priceless.
We went back to the 10 seconds after that (I don't know why there isn't a 5 second setting, that would make much more sense to me.)
Since the kids had to go back to school on the Monday after Thanksgiving, Kevin and I decided to help them with their homework. Kevin was kind enough to help Hailie through a Berenstain Bears book. I loved these books as a kid and luckily we never threw them out so their collection is pretty big.

Can you believe this guy is going to be 60 next month?
Our week was fabulous and as always it flew by way to fast. We are so blessed to have been able to be home though and for a whole week.

No comments: