February was such a crazy month and I know I'm really behind on posts. Between working, fun stuff going on, and the Olympics I feel like I haven't really had a minute to breathe. It's been worth it though. Kevin and I are watching the USA vs Canada gold medal hockey game. We already know the outcome so I'm using this time to try and catch up a little bit.
A couple of weekends ago I made my way down to Phoenix to visit Amy and Dustin. I needed some quality girl time with Amy and it was Dustin's B-day weekend so we had something to celebrate while I was there.
I flew in on a Thursday night after I got off work and we didn't waste too much time the next day before getting busy. We headed to Camelback Mountain for a hike in the nice weather. It was a really steep 1.5 mile hike up and although I'm not in the best shape of my life the hike felt really good. It was a beautiful day and I loved the view.
Amy got ahead to take a picture to try and show how steep it is. This isn't the steepest part but still a fun photo.

We stopped about halfway up to take a few pictures. So beautiful out!

A view from the top. Ignore some of the smog on the right side of the photo.

That night we met up with Dustin to go out dancing to celebrate his birthday. We met at his loft all dressed up and ready to dance. It was wonderful being with my favorite high school buddies once again. I'm so grateful to still be close with them even after all these years. (10 next year....I can't believe it)

After a fun night out we met up to watch the KU basketball game. I know what you are thinking....KU? I was outnumber 2 to 1 and at least they were rooting for Kansas and not Arizona or some other state! Unfortunately the game wasn't being televised (at least in AZ) so we just spent the afternoon hanging out and catching up.

I brought the rain with me and it was raining . It's funny that out of the 350ish sunny days a year I show up for two of the rainy days. Oh well....at least we got a rainbow!

Amy and I spent the rest of the weekend shopping, hanging out, and I got to meet her boyfriend too. It was great to see her in person. We talk on the phone but it is never the same as some good old face to face chatting.

Kevin and I are headed down to Phoenix together in June for my B-day and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment