Kevin and I took a little trip up to San Francisco the other day so we could go and watch Billy Elliot at the Orpheum theater. Jeff Kready, who I grew up with at church and went to high school with, currently plays the part of Tony Elliot and has been touring with the show. He was part of the original cast of the 2009 Tony award winning show and has been traveling around the country performing. Since he was in San Francisco it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform again. Kevin and I both saw him last when we were at Washburn when starred in Footloose. Considering how long ago that was we were really excited to have the chance to see him.
I told Jeff we'd look for him after the show and we met him outside by the stage door entrance. After saying hello he asked if we would like to come backstage. I wasn't really expecting to get to go back there and I was pretty excited! We felt very VIP!
As always, Jeff was so friendly and it was great to see him again. He played a very angry character in the show and I must say he did a fantastic job. I really enjoyed catching up and hearing about Jeff's plans after the show ends next week. The show is closing down for awhile and will reopen at a later date once they make a few changes to the show (I guess this is common in the broadway world). Jeff said he is ready for a new role after having performed it over 1,000 times in the last 3 years! He is going to go watch his wife open a show in Boston and then head back to NYC and start auditioning for his next gig.

No comments:
Post a Comment