Monday, October 19, 2015

A Wedding and an Apple Festival

This month has been so busy and I've had limited overlapping naps with the girls so blogging just hasn't happened. I thought I'd try and do a little catching up before things get even busier. 

My cousin Kelly had her wedding at the end of September and it was such a fun time. It was fun seeing all our family members dressed up and celebrating together. I didn't get a ton of pictures from the evening (and I don't even have the kid excuse since they stayed with the grandparents). 


We have a picture like this from Janell's wedding and someone took one like it at my wedding (if it was you send it my way!). We are so happy for Kelly and Graham. 
Cousins
It was also great having a date night. These are few and far between so we try to enjoy them as much as possible. 

To kick off October we traveled to Weston, MO for an Apple Festival.
Waiting for the parade to start.
After the parade we ran into my cousin and her family so we spent some time with them in the kid's play area. They had a hay bale maze and a pumpkin painting area that the kids really enjoyed.

Jane wasn't quite ready to be handed a paint brush (she ended up with paint all over her shirt) but Anna was very into it. 

Anna had her eye on the ponies and really wanted to ride one. There was a long line so Kevin ended up waiting with her while I walked around the festival with my cousin and a sleeping Jane.

Anna's pony was named Spanish and she had such a fantastic time. She did an awesome job holding on and loved it. She still talks about Spanish sometimes and that was several weeks ago. 


We left the festival and went over to my cousin's house in Leavenworth. They are living there for a year and it's been great having opportunities to see her and her family.
Janell reading to the girls
 Kevin had fun wrestling around with two of the boys.
Gavin showing Jane how to squeeze a ball. 
 Jacob is such a sweetie and even let me take a picture with him.


1 comment:

Aunt Sandy said...

It puts a smile on my face to see you and your family with Janell's family. When I saw Jane on Janell's lap on her blog I was surprised! Red hair...could it be Jane?..and, of course, it was her!!!