This past weekend was Stanford's Annual Graduate Student Formal. The last couple years the formal is around the time of our anniversary in February which has given us something pretty fun to do. This year it was moved to April and it made it seem more like prom. A big group of us decided to go this year.
Here's Moria an me right before hoping in the taxi. The formal was at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View which isn't far from where we live. Students coming from campus were able to take buses.

I like this picture. It is one of the few where Kevin is making a normal face...you'll see what I mean.

Tickets only cost us $25/each and there was plenty of appetizers and drinks for the entire evening. There was a D.J. to start off the night, but at 11pm this 80's band from the city came and played. They'd used this band the last couple of years and they really are amazing. We were dancing up a storm!!

Scott, Sarah, Jonathan, and me.

One of many of Kevin's AWESOME faces!

He made this look numerous times throughout the evening.

Does this look familiar?

Here he is actually smiling again. On the left is James and the on the right Dennis. They are both first year graduate students and Kevin plays a lot of intramural sports with these guys. Right now they are doing softball and soccer.

Although several of us were planning on going to the formal, it was Whitney who got emails out and suggested we all go together. She also reminded people to buy tickets before the prices went up. The night was
SOOOO much fun...thanks Whitney!!

They offered free pictures which made the night seem even more prom like. I liked our picture (except the backdrop) so I thought I'd throw it in.
No comments:
Post a Comment