Thursday, April 16, 2009

Big Wheel Race

This last weekend Kevin took part in a Big Wheel race in San Francisco. I bet you are wondering exactly what I mean by this. Well, it is pretty much what you would think. Grown adults buy kid's Big Wheels and proceed to race them down the steepest hill in the city. Does this sound a little bit crazy to you?? That is because it is. Luckily for me I had to work last weekend so I was not able to be there to witness my husband and friends on their dangerous ride.

I didn't want Kevin to take the camera with him in fear of our camera being broken in a crash. He probably wouldn't have taken any pictures anyway. I did get a few shots of Kev on his Big Wheel before he left though. I thought you might enjoy them.

Do you like his helmet?


I couldn't help but laugh a little seeing Kevin on this tiny little bike.

It will be no surprise when I tell you that Kevin's Big Wheel broke at the very beginning of the race. Luckily he still make it down the hill and in one piece. He only had a few minor scratches on his palms. Kevin had a blast and is trying to convince me to go next year. We will see....


Here is a link if you want to watch some of the race. Kevin is there around 2:36min in. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uum2KymuoBc


The cool thing is that after the race you can donate your Big Wheel to the firefighters. They take all the bikes and fix them up (since obviously many of them get banged around). Afterward, they give them to some charity so a kid can have a Big Wheel. I thought that was pretty cool and I'm glad that all those broken bikes wont go to waste!!

In other news...
Tomorrow we are leaving for our camping trip in Yosemite. I am so freakin' excited that I can hardly stand it. We are heading out after lunch and camping for two nights in the valley. It is supposed to warm up a little bit this weekend which will be nice. It was cold and snowy last weekend. I will be taking lots of pictures and I will try to be good and get them loaded early next week.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hey,
Sarah tells me there's a video of Kevin riding his big wheels on youtube. More details tomorrow if I can find the link.

Anonymous said...

Kevin looks just like he did at age four in the Big Wheel race at Gage Park!