Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lab Picnic

This afternoon we went to a lab picnic hosted by the managers/supervisors in my lab. It included the Dublin, Fremont, and Palo Alto labs. It was really fun meeting some people from the other sites since we talk on the phone occasionally to each other. There were hamburgers, hot dogs, and grilled chicken provided by the management and the rest of us brought a side dish or dessert. I decided to go with baked beans and I used a recipe similar to my mom's. I think it went over pretty well. We came home with hardly any left which is pretty good considering someone else brought baked beans too.

One of the best parts of the picnic was the bouncy castle. I think it was originally intended to keep the kids happy....but the adults enjoyed just as much if not more!

This picture shows one of the lab assistants, me, another CLS, and one of my supervisors and a cute kid (he had a mohawk and it was adorable. I think only kids can pull that look off). We were all enjoying ourselves quite a bit!

Then the games began. First off there was a potato sack race! I teamed up with Celernia, the only other CLS (Clinical Lab Scientist) there. As she came into the exchange we were behind, but our sack switch was amazingly fast and I almost came from behind to win the whole thing. Towards the finish I almost wiped out like the kid in the beginning...but I was able to hold it together. Even though we didn't win...second was pretty impressive. Here is a video so you can see the awesome sack exchange! It was so much fun!!!





After that there was a water balloon toss. We would throw the balloon and then take a step away from each other and whoever made it the furthest won. The first round we only completed two tosses, but in the second round we won!!! We went ahead and went for a final toss and it popped on Kevin. Here he is his soaking wet. Better him than me since I was wearing a white shirt. We won gift cards to Coldstone Creamery and Jamba Juice. Those will definitely go to good use.
Here is Kevin enjoying the bouncy castle with one of the lab assistants that beat me in the potato sack race.
A group shot with just a few of the people that were there at the time.
We had a really good time and I got to get to know some of my co-workers a little bit better. I think Kevin enjoyed having a few faces to put with names too. Definitely worth coming to again next year!

No comments: