I'm more than a little behind on posting, so I am going to try really hard to get caught up this weekend. In order to do this we have to flashback to the middle of April.
Moria's mom was in town for the weekend and I went with them on a hike at Big Basin Redwood State Park. It is a beautiful park not too far from us and it was fun getting to meet Moria's mom.

Moria's mom studied entomology and wasn't afraid to literally get in the creek and start looking around for bugs. She would overturn a rock and find a mayfly or a water penny....something I would never even thought of finding or even noticed.

It was pretty cool seeing all the different insects she could find.

We brought sandwiches and stopped for lunch after getting off trail for a little bit. Luckily Brian used his map skills to get us back on track.

No matter how many times I see them, I'm still amazed by these trees.

We had to stop at a scenic point on the way down. Gorgeous.

It is always fun meeting our friends family members. We hear stories all the time and it is fun to be able to put a person with those stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment