Friday, April 8, 2011

A Birthday Party and Spring Break

March was such a hectic month and while there were some great times I'm glad it is April and things are settling down for a little bit. Before April can really start I need to fill you in on our trip to Kansas (my second in only a few weeks). We were there to celebrate Patti's 50th B-day party. I wasn't sure at first if I was going to be able to come back for the party or not but luckily I was able to finagle my work schedule and get home.

Kevin flew in the day before me and they spent the day before the party getting the place decorated. The upstairs part of the place was purple themed and the downstairs had a St. Patrick's Day theme. Some of Patti's friends from work helped the boys decorate and the place looked fantastic.

They ordered this for the entrance and there were some great pictures taken.

Seth wasn't able to come to the party due to a high fever but Hailie came and I think she had a blast. She and Kevin's cousin's son Luke were really getting into dancing and and tumbling around the floor. Luke especially was a major ham and kept doing the robot and other cool moves in the middle of the dance circle. It was adorable. Kevin thinks Hailie looks funny in this picture...I think the flash is the cause...but I think it is cute and I wanted to post it anyway.

The beautiful cake! Was very delicious too.

Patti let all the kid's help her blow out the candles.
Since K-State was playing that night they had the game on downstairs. I think my Dad (and all the other KSU fans) were happy there was an awesome dance going on that they could use to get over the loss to Wisconsin.
Our friends Pat and Michelle were able to come and bring their son Charlie. Michelle was one of my bridesmaids and Pat was an usher. We hadn't seen these guys since their wedding almost 4 years ago and it was about time for us to meet their little guy. I had a wonderful time chatting and catching up with them. You know true friends though when you can just pick up like no time has passed at all!

Kevin with family friend Austin.

There were quite a few dance pictures to choose from but I picked this one because Kevin laughed every time he saw it.
Party on!
Just the girls!
All of the kids helped get ready for the party and clean up but Joe gets the credit for planning and organizing everything. He did a fantastic job and I know we were all appreciative of his hard work.
Kevin really cracked up every time he saw this photo of Thomas so it had to get posted. I think he was doing a line dance but I can't be sure.
I love this picture of Patti and Kevin dancing....they look so sweet!
I had a few days in Kansas after the party and it worked out well because my Mom was off of work and the kid's were on spring break. I was able to see Grandad and Grandmom for a little bit one day and just sort of hang out with the family.
Seth was still getting over being sick and I got a little bit of a cold so we were kind of bums for part of the time. It felt kind of good not to be rushing around and just relaxing. The kid's and I did spend an afternoon at Barnes and Noble and Mom and I helped Hailie work on her George Washington costume and presentation for school.
We headed to Kansas City a little early so we could stop at Cabella's and get lunch before my flight. The kids really enjoyed the aquarium. The catfish were HUGE and Hailie and Seth really enjoyed the turtles that would dive down and then swim back up to the surface.

Another great trip to Kansas!

No comments: