Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Activites

Since May is now here I thought I'd take a minute to do a quick recap on some of our activities for the month of April.

Kevin went to the 'Rugby on the Rocks' Rugby tournament hosted by Duke. He went to it last year and had a blast so I was glad he was able to go again. They played pretty well and even made it to the Elite Eight! Kevin took a disposable camera with him and I was hoping he would bring back at least a few pictures but he didn't get around to it.

The following weekend his team had a friendly game against UCLA that I was able to go to. The Stanford team dominated and Kevin scored a try! I didn't have my camera with me but I took a group shot using my cell phone.

Kevin's intramural softball team had a double header to kick off the softball season. They managed to win one game out of the two. I didn't have my camera (again) but I did have the disposable camera that Kevin never handy.

Group shot!


Sarah and Jonathan hosted a sushi making night which was a lot of fun. I went shopping with Sarah for the supplies and now I'm inspired to make sushi more often.

Kevin attempted to make a roll without using the seaweed wrap but it became just a mess. Still tasted delicious though.

Cheers!

Kevin, Brian and I all went to the Easter service at the Stanford Memorial Church. Moria was singing in the choir that day and they actually got to sit up in the front of the church (Usually they are in the back balcony and you would have to turn around to see them singing). Since it was so crowded there they opened up the side balconies and we got to sit up there. It was fun seeing the beautiful church from another angle since they normally don't allow people up there.

Afterward we sat out on the Oval on campus and had a lovely picnic with friends. It threatened to rain early that day but it turned out to be a perfect day to spend outdoors.



We played a little Poison Ball with the croquet set which was pretty fun. I wasn't originally playing because there were only enough mallets for 6 but later I stepped in to cover for someone and ended up winning!


I realize I look a little silly in these pictures. I had meant to bring a set of clothes to change into after church but left them at home. All I had in the car was this red pair of pants and I figured that was better for sports than just the dress.


After croquet we set up the net and played a little badminton, volleyball, and volleyball using a Giant volleyball. This is Kevin after serving.



There was no Easter egg hunt but we did play a game that Brian used to playing growing up in New Jersey. Apparently it is from the Great Depression Era and I think it was called 'Epper' Basically you hold the egg in your hand and the other person uses their egg to hit yours. You do it on both sides and if your egg cracks you give it to the other person. Then that person challenges the next player and if they lose they give both eggs to the challenger. Winning is getting all the eggs and therefore having the most food. I had never heard of it before but it was a lot of fun!


We were having such a great time that we ended up staying the entire afternoon and into early evening. It was a wonderful day and I loved being able to spend it with such fantastic friends!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: