Sunday, February 26, 2012

Six Years

Yesterday Kevin and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary! We decided to go out to a nice dinner but before that we headed to Frankenmuth to check out Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. I know what you are thinking...it is only February. At Bronner's it is Christmas every day!
You enter and they give you a map of the store which happens to be huge. They had a small section for different holiday's...the biggest right now is Easter. That is a very small portion though and everything else is Christmas. Rows, rows, rows, and more rows of ornaments. There is even an area where you can wait it line for one of at least 5 stations to get your ornament personalized. 

I looked it up and there are over 6,000 different styles of ornaments, 4,000 different nativity scenes. and miles of lights. After walking through I don't find that hard to believe. 

Polar Bear Love
It was fun exploring the place for a little bit. It wasn't very busy but I'm sure it is more than chaotic in November and December. Perhaps we'll go back and actually buy a few things later in the year.
After Bronner's we went out to eat at a place called Shari's. At first we weren't sure what to expect. We drove there and it was first of all sort of in the middle of nowhere. Second, it was inside of a house. Once we entered we realized it was very fancy. It was really expensive but also very good. We did hear one guy at a table next to us hand his key to the waiter and ask him to start his car for him. I only hope the server was tipped very well. It was a definitely an experience dining at someplace like that. Not sure how soon we'll be headed back but we still had a lot of fun. It is still crazy it has been six years since we said "I do".


Now for an update: Kevin started work at Dow a couple of weeks ago. He's mostly done lots of safety training (Dow is really really big on safety...they want everyone coming home the same way they came to work in the morning). Last week he finally got to start doing some work in the lab. Kevin is still learning about the project he'll be working on and that can change as he goes along in the company. Once he knows more I'll let him give you some more details (at least as much as he is allowed to disclose).

I just started work at Dow last week as well.  I was offered a short term position covering for someone who had to leave early on her maternity leave for medical reasons. I am a Senior Laboratory Technician and I'm doing some microbiology on a project in their Liquid Formulations and Active Delivery department. I'm technically a Kelly employee (Kelly staffs these contract positions) but I am on assignment for Dow Wolff Cellulosis at Dow Chemical. I started last week and we'll see how I like it more next week. I'm excited for the microbiology experience and this could make it easier to get another position at Dow later on down the line or a microbiology position at a hospital if one comes available.

We work in different buildings but it is nice that we can commute to work together and we even know some of the same people now (many people are involved in many different projects). We're both liking the Mon-Fri with normal hours so far but we'll see how it is in a few more weeks. I haven't taken a ton of pictures lately and we haven't done anything too exciting. Maybe it is good to have a break after our last few months. I'm sure once spring hits we'll get out a little more and I'll have more to blog about. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: