Friday, February 3, 2012

Friends and Family

Usually when we come to Kansas to visit it is a week max. Having the extra time was wonderful. It gave us a chance to catch up with friends as well as extra family time.

I met up with Heather, Lindsey, Kara and baby Abby at Barnes and Noble. We had so much fun getting to visit, catch up on our lives, and laughing together. Abby was being very cute while we were there.
It was awesome that it worked out for us to get together. With Lindsey now living in Colorado it makes it even more difficult for us all to be in the same town at the same time. We only needed Heather's daughter, Avery, there and it would have been complete.
Heather, Lindsey, Abby, me, and Kara
Playing ping pong at The Burger Stand near Washburn. I only wish this place was around when we were going to school there.
Hanging out with Scott and Joe at Bullfrog's Live.
Another highlight of this week was getting to see Pat and Michelle. We went over to their house and spent some quality time visiting. Besides our quick visit at Patti's 50th last year this was the first time in years we'd been able to spend time together.
Michelle is due with their second boy in March/April and it was great getting to see her belly. Charlie was asleep while we were there but hopefully we'll get to see him and George next time we're in town.
We finally managed to get together with Eddie and his family too. I'd never met Eddie's wife yet (Kevin had a couple times but since I missed their wedding a meeting was way overdo). It was great seeing him, Jill, and their kids.
More time with Adell was great too.



James  also celebrated his golden birthday that week. He turned 30 on the 30th! After a Kent/Watkin's get together at the house for dinner we sort of surprised James out at Bullfrog's live. A bunch of people were there and Patti had everyone in crazy hats.
The newlyweds Trevor and Carli with Joe.
Happy 30th Birthday James!
How about those awesome hats?
Patti picked out Serena and my hat...I think she picked out great ones.


Game time. We always have a blast playing guesstures at the Kent's and now that Hailie and Seth are getting older they have started to like the game too.
New Years fun!
Jessie Leiker had her annual party and since I skipped it last year I thought I should go this time. It was a fun party and we had so much. 
We had a great time in 2011 and we're excited to see the new year with all of the changes taking place. Even with the crazy last couple of months it is off to a good start and we're excited to see what the new year brings.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Scott said...

More posts!

Cara said...

Scott....this is why I miss you!