Last week was a tough week in that we had to say goodbye to my Grandma. It's hard to say goodbye but there is some comfort knowing that the pain she's had for so long is no longer there. I flew out to Kansas and from there I drove with my Dad and the kids to Scott City for the funeral.
The funeral was small but lovely and it was great to see some family that I hadn't seen in far too long.
The funeral was small but lovely and it was great to see some family that I hadn't seen in far too long.
It was nice being in my grandparents house for a little bit. There are so many wonderful memories there. It's not the same but here is a picture of the backyard. My grandma was an amazing gardener and always had the best garden around. I remember her letting us go out and pick strawberries to eat (and there were always lots of them). Grandma Koch could pretty much grow anything and was always at it. I only wish I had a fraction of the green thumb she had.
Grandma Koch was also an incredible seamstress. She was always knitting and sewing something. One of my favorite Halloween costumes was my Belle (Beauty and the Beast) costume she made for me. It was the blue commoner dress not the yellow one that EVERYONE was buying and wore that year. I loved it.
You'll be missed Grandma...we love you!
Frances Pauline Koch
December 11th, 1918- May 13th, 2012


No comments:
Post a Comment