Thought I needed to get a few more pictures of Anna up since she is changing all the time! I took this one while she was snoozing in my arms. I just love how chubby her little cheeks are getting!

Lupin has been very well behaved so far but we don't really trust him at all. For awhile there he ignored all of us completely I think in the hopes that this "thing" would eventually go away. Now I think he's realized she is here to stay so he will try and socialize with us more. Whenever we're not with her he takes advantage and attempts to get in some Lupin time and is very loving and will purr a lot. He's certainly curious about her but he gets annoyed when she's crying too loudly.
Lupin has been very well behaved so far but we don't really trust him at all. For awhile there he ignored all of us completely I think in the hopes that this "thing" would eventually go away. Now I think he's realized she is here to stay so he will try and socialize with us more. Whenever we're not with her he takes advantage and attempts to get in some Lupin time and is very loving and will purr a lot. He's certainly curious about her but he gets annoyed when she's crying too loudly.
| Kevin, Anna, and Lupin working on tummy time |
We've had to retire a few of her newborn sleep and play outfits including the one we brought her home from the hospital in. I was a little sad about this but excited to see her growing and I'm having fun being able to dress her in more of her outfits of the next size up.
Anna and I are working on getting out of the house during the week. It is sort of overwhelming to do by myself but we're getting the hang of it. It's a little hectic because by the time I've changed, nursed, and got her in the car we've only got a short window of time before she either needs sleep and gets crabby or she wants to eat again.
One of the places we've gone to twice now is 'Baby Time' at the library. It is for babies who can't walk yet and we do a series of rhymes and songs together before it's play time. She's a little small to get a lot out of it yet but I enjoy the adult time with a few friends of mine that have been attending. They gave us a booklet with all the rhymes and songs too so I have inspiration for playing with Anna at home as well. I've really enjoyed going the last couple of weeks so I'm going to try and keep it up. There is also a new mom's group at the hospital that I've been to once. I may try and start going to that again soon as well.
Last Sunday afternoon we dog sat for our friends Will and Kristin's puppy Copper. Kevin had an amazing time playing with the dog. Kevin wore him out running around outside.
Last week we had our first real smile from Anna. She doesn't do it all the time but it is starting to happen more and more often which we LOVE! You can definitely tell she's focusing on our faces now and she is just so much more alert. The other day she grabbed a rattle for the first time too! She hasn't really done it since but it's on they way. It's so fun to see her do new things and we look forward to what each week brings.
Anna is still a really really loud sleeper with all of her grunting. She can't be laid flat on her back to sleep at all or it starts up immediately and she'll wake herself up. It is apparently normal for newborns to grunt although nobody can tell you exactly why some of them do this. We basically just have to let the "grunting phase" pass.
Love her to pieces though and can't wait to take her to Kansas next week (although a little nervous about traveling with a baby). It's a quick trip so we aren't going to get to see everyone we'd like but we will be back again!

No comments:
Post a Comment