Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

After getting caught up on posts from vacation it seems I was a bit blogged out and I've pretty much neglected the month of August. In an attempt to get caught up before we leave for an out of town wedding this weekend I'm going to try and get caught up again.

It seems that August 16th is a very special day since there are three important people in my life who were born that day. Hailie, Lindsey (my roommate all through college), and Brian. We weren't able to celebrate with Brian but we did get to celebrate with Hailie and Lindsey.

Kevin, Anna, and I headed over to my parents house for dinner, cake, and gifts. This is the first birthday we've been in town for since Hailie's 5th b-day and I was so glad we could be there.
The birthday girl and Anna
 Hailie is very much into zebra print right now so many of her gifts consisted of zebra print items. Luckily for us zebra is popular right now and it wasn't difficult to find items to please her.

Hailie also requested a zebra cake. I made an attempt at it and while there are some improvements I plan to make next time it at least had stripes!

I don't think this photo was taken that night but I thought I'd include it. TWO kinds of chips...can life get any better?

Happy 12th Birthday Hailie! We love you so much! 

Later that evening we headed out for a surprise birthday party for Lindsey. Lindsey is currently living in Denver but was back for the weekend. It was great seeing her although we didn't really get a chance to talk to her as much as I would have liked since there were so many other people excited to see her as well.

The picture we took with her didn't turn out very well but we managed to get one with our friends Ryan and Kara. They drove in from Emporia for the party and it was fantastic getting the opportunity to catch up with them. The last time Kara and I got together we had our girls with us so it was nice having a chance to talk baby-free.
Kara and I enjoying a "Loopsey Loo"... Lindsey's signature party drink.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: