We really wanted to check out some of the waterfalls around Ithaca during our stay. The night before there had been some rain so all the falls were booming when we went to check them out.

This first one is Ithaca Falls and it is practically in downtown Ithaca. Moria told us she can usually get much closer but we stayed back because of the wind and mist.
This first one is Ithaca Falls and it is practically in downtown Ithaca. Moria told us she can usually get much closer but we stayed back because of the wind and mist.
The next one was a little further away. You can walk down much closer but the stairs had lots of standing water and Anna fell asleep so she was with Brian in the car while we took a look.
| Family photo |
Anna warmed up almost instantly with these two and it was so fun watching Brian and Moria play with her.
We even had time to stop by Robert H Treman State Park which is where Brian and Moria's wedding reception will be held. It's a fall wedding and I'm looking forward to coming back to see the colors changing!
Normally this waterfall leads to a swimming area but with the rain it was definitely closed. The falls were bringing lots of rocks down and the area around the lifeguards chair was just covered. I wouldn't want to be in there anyway!
After our tour of the beauty surrounding Ithaca we got cleaned up to head out to dinner. We went to Bandwagon Brewpub which was in downtown Ithaca and only a short walk from where Brian and Moria live. Anna seemed to enjoy the walk.

3 comments:
Laughingstock falls? I'm going to assume that's an autocorrect? I like to think that the fall we're laughable. :)
Taughannock Falls is super pretty though.
Miss you guys!!! Can't wait for you to come back.
And here I go making typos myself. I like to think that the falls weren't laughable, but awesome!
Moria-
I couldn't remember the name so I looked at this picture on facebook to see if you labeled it. It says Laughingstock! Haha!
Post a Comment