Friday, December 27, 2013

1 Year Old!

This is going to end up being more of a 13 month old post since I'm severely behind but I didn't want to skip the post. We finally managed to get these 1 year pictures taken so I'll try and get updated so I can get caught up on other posts too.

Month 12 was a big month for Anna in terms of teeth. After only having two bottom teeth for several month we now have 4 teeth on top! It makes her look so much more like a toddler.


At the beginning of November Anna started using the sign for "more" that we'd been trying to teach her. Over the summer I had been trying to teach her several signs but had sort of stopped when all of a sudden she was doing it. Since then I've started trying to teach her a few more basics like "please" and "thank you". Not much luck yet but we will see if she eventually picks some up. 

Around the same time Anna began nodding her head "yes" a lot. At first it didn't seem like it meant anything but over the last 6 weeks it's pretty clear she is nodding yes with intent. A few weeks after mastering "yes" we started getting the "no" head nod. Anna can also say no and will do so with gusto when she really doesn't like something. Sometimes I have to hide a smile when she purses her lips, shakes her head, and says "no no no no no". 

Another less fun thing Anna has begun doing are have little mini fits when she doesn't get her way. They typically don't last a long time but she certainly is turning into a toddler. Anna received this little doll wagon for her birthday from Grandma Patti and absolutely loves it. While not meant for real babies to be put inside we of course have done so and pushed/pulled her around. She'll say "wee wee" as she goes for a ride.  Anna LOVES this. So much in fact that we had to stop putting her in it for a while because every time we took her out she had a meltdown. She's better about this now and also enjoys pushing the wagon around the house. She'll laugh and smile. It's pretty entertaining to watch. 

Last month Anna also mastered climbing up the stairs which she also really loves to do. Of course we are right there behind her to supervise her. Anna is also pretty good at going down the stairs but prefers climbing most of the time. She's also climbing over lots of things to get to where she wants to be. We haven't had to lower her crib to the lowest setting quite yet since she is still pretty short but that is likely to happen in the near future since she does like climbing. 

Anna's 12 month appointment at the beginning of December went very well. She's right on track developmentally. Anna weighed in at 19 lbs 13 oz (50%) and her head was once again at 100%. For her height they measured her at 27.75 inches (9.2%). This made us laugh because that is the exact same measurement they had for her at her 9 month appointment and by the number of pants I've packed up since then I know she has grown. The doctor said most likely the last measurement was off because at this age it's very difficult to get the height accurate all the time. Either way though...we have a shorty on our hands :) 

I think I mentioned in the last monthly update that Anna was saying her version of dog. She has said a few other words here and there like "bye" and "hi" and "dada" but really jabbers all the time. She started saying "ding ding ding ding" and does so all. the. time. Not sure if it means something to her but we enjoy it. It's always hard to know for sure but with the way she's trying to repeat sounds it seems like more words are just over the horizon. 

We've seen a ton more imitation from our little bug over the last couple months as well. It's so fun seeing her start to communicate with us more and soak in the world around her. 

Less than two weeks ago Anna took her first couple of steps! She has since taken up to 5 little ones and I think she could do more but prefers crawling. We keep trying to get a picture of it or a film but she sees the camera and camcorder come out and just wants to crawl to it. Hopefully once she gets more steps going I can get a good video to post. 

The last couple months have been so much fun as Anna becomes more interactive and is playing with us more. It's still crazy that she is over a year old. We love our little bug so much and look forward to watching her continue to grow and develop. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: