Now it's time to share some pictures of Anna and blog about their trip to Phoenix! As I mentioned previously my Mom had Anna for a couple days before Kevin picked her up and made the flight down to Arizona. I was nervous for Kevin with having to travel alone with Anna. Not because I didn't think he could handle it but because it is not something I would want to do at this stage! Flying solo with a newborn that you can nurse to sleep is a little easier than a mobile toddler in my opinion. I packed most of Anna's things and brought them with me beforehand to try and make things easier but Kevin still had her diaper bag, his luggage, a stroller, and a car seat to worry about.
Anna did well on the flight but I guess she was so interested in everything going on that she only slept for about 10 minutes at the very end and then had to wake up to get bags. Then she fell asleep again in the car on the way to the rehearsal dinner for another 10 minutes or so. Poor little girl was so incredibly tired!
After heading back to the house we got her ready for bed and I was giving her a bottle. She started getting upset and then she threw up all over herself and me. I had never really been puked on like this before. I knew that it would happen at some point but I didn't imagine it being on Amy's guest bed. A bath and some laundry immediately followed. The next morning she was fine so we think it was from having such a big day.
The next morning I was able to spend some time with my loves so we decided to head over to the zoo. Anna hadn't been since last fall so we were excited to see her reactions to different animals.
| Anna pointing at a giraffe. |
Kevin and I were most impressed by the rhinoceros but Anna preferred watching the gazelle running around. Basically if it moved, especially quickly, that is what she wanted to look at. Following ducks around was a big hit.
What Anna actually enjoyed the most was just being able to walk around. At that point she'd only been walking for about 6 weeks or so and there had been approximately one nice enough day where she'd actually had the chance to walk around outside in Kansas.
| Walking with Daddy |
We found an open area and just let her wander around. She was pretty stoked!
Later that evening. Just enjoying the nice weather some more.
Saturday was the wedding so I don't have any pictures from their daytime shenanigans. They were able to meet up with Kevin's cousin, Vince, who lives in the area before coming to the wedding. I was glad they had a chance to catch up some while we were there.
The next day we decided to get Anna outside a little more since our flight didn't leave until the afternoon. Lucky for us Amy and Brent live across from a field/park area so we just headed over there and let Anna go nuts.
Run, Anna, Run!
Taking a little water break.
Eventually we had to head back inside to eat and to start getting packed up. I went to take a shower and when I came out this is what I got to see. So sweet (minus the jayhawk blanket). :)
That afternoon we caught our flight back to Kansas City. It was a nice little getaway from all the house craziness and I think Kevin really enjoyed his quality time with Anna. Between commuting and then working on the house most of February he hadn't gotten a lot of time with her in.
As I said before it was a beautiful wedding and I am so glad I was able to share the weekend with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment