Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Baby #2 Update!

As promised here is a pregnancy update for Baby K #2 (aka BK2). Things have been remarkably uneventful which is nice considering last time had plenty of drama. I'm definitely showing more this time around with it being my second and also having normal fluid levels. 
32 weeks
 The doctor has continued to monitor me a little more closely the second half of this pregnancy and I had another growth ultrasound just before turning 36 weeks. At that time the baby was estimated to be about 6lbs 13oz (74%). There is always error in these estimates and she thinks the baby isn't quite as big but one of the head measurements (which of course is big) is pushing that up. Regardless I'm pretty sure this baby is going to be significantly bigger than Anna was at birth!
36 weeks
 Since that appointment I've been on weekly visits and they have just been checking my fluid levels. They have all been fantastic. Basically all have been double what I averaged with Anna. I'm not sure how much you want to hear about my cervix but I'm going to share anyway. If you are not wanting to hear about it then I suggest skipping the next paragraph :)

At my most recent appointment I was about 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated. It's crazy getting to go through this part of pregnancy since I didn't experience it last time. Even though it's my second baby it's sort of like my first when it comes to the whole labor thing. Exciting stuff!

 The baby is also head down and very very low. When I was first checked a couple of appointments ago the Dr asked me..."Do you have any bladder capacity at all?". The answer to that is NO! Although this is not new to pregnant women it felt good to have my doctor (who sees pregnant women daily) comment on the fact that I am probably in the bathroom a lot. 
38 weeks
I'm often asked how I'm feeling and overall I guess you could say pretty good...considering. I definitely feel PREGNANT and I am increasingly more uncomfortable every day. The last week sleep has gotten a lot worse for me so I've been trying to take at least short naps during Anna's nap time. It's hard since there is always something to be done but sometimes I just have to. BK2 has her bottom and legs/feet on more of my right side and that is where I hurt the most. She's definitely running out of room in there! Although things are getting tough it is sooooo much better than being on bed rest.

At 33 weeks I had some maternity pictures taken as well as a few updated pictures of Anna. The mini maternity session came free for booking my newborn session and I was excited to get to do them since they weren't an option with Anna. Here are a few of my favorites.....


 We've been talking to Anna a lot about how there is a baby in Mommy's belly and that she's going to have a sister. She will sometimes pull up my shirt and kiss my belly. Other times she will pull my shirt down and say "no". Just when we think she's starting to get an idea of what's going on she'll lift up her shirt and say "baby" while touching her belly. 


Anna was being a little camera shy but the photographer managed to catch her smiling a few times. 

I sure love my pretty girl.

A new family photo
 Anna didn't want to hold still for this picture...she just wanted to walk!


Anna doesn't spend as much time on Daddy's shoulders as she once did (since she wants to be on the move constantly) but she still enjoys it. I know Kevin loves it!

A big thank you to Elena from Glass Lantern Photography for taking our family pictures! I can't wait for our newborn session! With only a week and a half until my due date that could be very very soon!

No comments: