Over Memorial Day Weekend Kevin's parents were very kind and agreed to take Anna for a few days to give us a chance to finish up some stuff around the house before Baby K#2's arrival. It was a busy weekend for us but we made some progress...especially on things that are tough to do with a toddler running around. Some of our fun activities included switching our car tags and driver's licenses over to Kansas, furniture shopping (we finally picked out a dining room table), and some decorating in the girls' rooms. There is still plenty to do but we made a nice dent in our 'list'. Thanks Gama and Gampa!
Anna had a blast at Gama and Gampa's house. We loved hearing all the stories of funny things she did and how she played with her cousin. We were pretty excited to see her by the time we got to Topeka on Sunday. The three of us just stayed the night so we could be there to help some with Memorial Day. Kevin's parents typically throw a party and we had such a lovely time. We were able to see many faces we don't see often and enjoyed yummy food all afternoon. I didn't do a great job at taking pictures but I thought I'd include one that I liked.
| Anna with BOTH her girl cousins! |
That evening we drove out to Auburn for a second Memorial Day/May-June Birthday Celebration with the Copp side. It was a nice evening and Anna enjoyed all the free space and ran around with Jude (one of my cousins kids who is just a few months younger than Anna) I failed at taking many pictures here too but I thought this was a funny one.
| Eisley and Moorley wondering if they can have some water too! |
It took a couple days for us to recover some from the long weekend but by Thursday we were ready to head to Deanna Rose Farmstead and see some farm animals. Anna. Loved. This. Not long after walking in we came across some chickens and the excitement in this child was priceless. She ran over and was 'clucking' like crazy.
Although I think she would have been happy staying right there we ventured over to see some baby goats and calves. She was so cute running back and forth between both pins saying "moo" and "baa".
| Cute little goats. |
A little stop by the pond to feed some fish was a big hit as well.
We even saw a crane that Kevin and Anna ran towards so we could see it fly off.
We took a snack break and let Anna run around an open field for a bit.
We thought we'd seen the main stuff but then realized there was another part we'd missed. It was late and we didn't have a ton of time left but we ventured over for a little bit.
We spotted a turtle and Anna was pretty excited to see him swimming in the water. I love this little cutie so much.
Kevin caught this moment and it made me smile. Anna actually offered this kiss to me. She will give them when asked (if she feels like it) but doesn't typically hand them out freely. It was especially nice for Mommy since we had a rough afternoon with a major toddler meltdown.
May ended with a fun morning of picking out a coffee table, end tables, and an entertainment stand, a family lunch, and a stop at Sam's Club. Kevin had a softball game but Anna and I enjoyed a delicious nap before heading out to watch the second game. We finally made it and Anna was pretty excited to see her Daddy!
There was another open field (which I'm finding is the most amazing thing for this active toddler) and Kevin "ran" her as we like to call it. Gotta get out all that energy somehow and Mommy doesn't have much these days.
It was a great month and it's crazy that Anna is already 18 months old! We're excited for June and our new addition due in just 2 weeks! I plan to get a pregnancy update posted in the next few days which will include some maternity photos we had taken. Other than that I'm caught up on posts (until I get behind again of course but I'm going to try not to let that happen quite as badly as I did this time around).
No comments:
Post a Comment