Last weekend Miss Jane turned 5 months old! I can't believe how fast it's going. I've been trying to get this post up for a few days now but the girls have decided to tag team their naps so I haven't had much kid-free time this last week.
Jane remains our super happy and cheerful baby. Even when she had little cold at the beginning of the month she still had smiles for us. She is generous with her laughter and we especially love it when Anna makes her laugh.

Like most babies at this stage, Jane loves chewing and slobbering on anything she can get her hands on. I love this pictures because it captures what we see Jane doing most of the time.
Jane still hadn't rolled over from back to tummy at the 5 month mark. At 4 months I thought it was going to be any day and I was very surprised she hadn't done it yet. Then just yesterday she rolled over! I was so excited and she did it 3 times total. Then today it was another 2 times. Now I have two mobile children...I'm in trouble!
Sleep has sort of been all over the place this month. I miss the days when Jane would sleep 7 hours straight. She is usually up at least a couple times during the night. We've had a lot of transitions this month (we're done swaddling and she's in her crib now) so hopefully things will get a little better soon. One night will be great (for her) and the next is awful. I noticed yesterday that a tooth is popping up so I'm hoping that is the reason for at least some of the rough nights.
Last month Jane discovered how to "squawk" but this month we had about a week where she would growl at us most of the time. The last week or two Jane enjoys "attacking" my face with her mouth.
Jane's hair is getting longer and so far it is still red. We love our red-headed beauty! She's still keeping us guessing on her eye color. Sometimes they seem blue and other days brown or hazel.
Right now this little beauty is mostly in 6 month clothes although some 3-6 month stuff still fits. This week I pulled out some 6-9 month and 9 month stuff of Anna's to get washed and ready for her to wear. Although many of these are too big still it feels strange to have them in her drawers. Anna was wearing some of this stuff at the beginning of the year!
It's been so much fun with the girls as Jane continues to become more and more interactive. Anna likes to "share" her things with Jane although we're having to work on what sharing actually means. She will give Jane something but then take it back. We're trying to teach her that if she gives something to Jane she has to let her play with it until she's done. As Jane becomes more and more grabby I think we'll have more and more conflict but I guess that comes with the territory.
Can't wait to see what the next month brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment