Friday, December 5, 2014

Anna's 2nd Birthday Party

We can hardly believe our little girl is 2 years old already! Her 'Under the Sea' birthday party was a couple of weekends ago but I've found it difficult to get much work done these days on the computer so I just loaded the pictures yesterday!

We wanted to have the party at our house but we are practically gutting our family room and it has been a slooooow process. There is a lot of work to be done and Kevin is pretty much trying to squeeze in a little bit here and there when he can. Anyway...with that room out we didn't think we'd have the space. Luckily Kevin's parents were kind enough to let us have the party at their house. We are so appreciative. 


 I spent probably too much time time on decorations for the party but I had fun doing it. I enjoy getting crafty when I can although the weekend I worked on this not much housework got done.

Gama ordered balloons for us so we could have the "in the water" feel. So fun!

 Anna seemed to like all the fish I made so that was fun to see. 

On of my favorite things were the jellyfish. Maybe Jane will want an ocean themed party someday and I can reuse them.


Anna is not into smiling for pictures these days but I wanted to try and get a photo with her at her party. I swear she was having more fun then the picture indicates....


Anna and Adell had fun eating with Papa at the kids table. 


We were so glad that so much of our family was able to come and celebrate with us. We had Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Great Aunts, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. 

Some of the Greats playing with Jane
 Anna did so well with the gift opening. She let her cousin Adell help and I was impressed with her. She wanted to play with everything right then and there. One of her big gifts was from us and was her new tricycle. She had fun trying to ride it although we have some work to do before she's ready to go solo.

Jane just hung out with Grandma while Anna opened presents. 

Anna wasn't too sure about the candle business but luckily Adell stepped in to show her what to do. Those two are so cute together.  


No smiles from Anna but she loves her big cousin Hailie too!

Jane was so happy that evening. She was on a break from teething for a few days and all smiles for us!
Uncle Thomas
 Just sitting watching the girls play. It's so fun how excited little kids get about presents. 

The Uncles!

We attempted a picture with our little 2 year old but this was the best picture we could get. I still like it....it shows how busy she is and that sitting still to take a picture is not a priority!

We just had Anna's 2 year appointment today and she is doing great! Our little shorty was 33.4 inches (30%), weighed 26 pounds 3 ounces (61%), and with a 20.4 inch noggin she's still 100% for her head. (Kevin's very happy about this). She's doing great and speaking a ton. She tries to say pretty much every word or sentence we do and it is so fun to hear her little voice. We sure love our amazing little girl and we feel so lucky to have her in our lives!

No comments: