Jane's 7 month pictures are no longer the most difficult pictures we've taken so far because these 8 month pictures were much more challenging. I snapped a ton but she would hardly hold still. She was either diving forward to grab at something or turning around to mess with the blanket or sticker. We weren't sure if we got any good pictures but we were pleasantly surprised.
This last month was a little bit rough in that we had a few virus' hit our house. We were doing so much better with sleep and then snot and mucus took over. Jane ended up with croup and therefore a trip to the doctor for a round of steroids. Several days later we thought things were looking a little better when she threw up in her crib. We got her cleaned up and then she threw up mucus about 5 more times. Her breathing sounded terrible and we were pretty concerned. We made a call to the 24 hour nurses line but they took forever to call back so we made a trip to Children's Mercy ER. Once I got there with her she seemed much better so I felt dumb for taking her but it was actually kind of scary there for a little bit. A week later it happened again....that's how long the snot and mucus business went on for! This all started 3 weeks ago and I'm still wiping noses but everyone seems to be doing much better now.
At the start of this month Jane was close to getting on her hands and knees. Not long after this she could get there and rock briefly. A couple days ago she did it! We officially have a crawler! I will try and get a video up sometime this week.
Even before crawling Jane was getting into anything and everything around her. If it was close she was reaching for it (mostly so she could shove it in her mouth). We now hear a lot of "Don't chew on that Jane" from Miss Anna. Jane was also really good at pushing herself backward while on her tummy on the hardwood floors. We've definitely been fine tuning our baby proofing (going through toys and keeping our shoes off the floor) and I've had to sweep the floor a lot more frequently.
Besides figuring out the crawling business Jane has figured out how to get into a sitting position from laying down and is getting close to being able to pull up to a stand. She's pulled up onto a step briefly and can sort of get up onto her knees so I know it won't be long.
This lady has been getting into music a lot lately. When one of us is singing you'll look over at Jane and see her waving her arm up and down or opening and closing her hand by her mouth repeatedly with a goofy smile. It's made Rhyme Time at the library and singing songs even more enjoyable. Jane has also begun protesting when something gets taken away from her. It sort of breaks your heart to see how upset she gets sometimes. It is fun watching her look for objects when she drops them from say the changing table. She would definitely just dive right over if you let her.
One thing I'm not certain I've mentioned before is Jane's growling. This girl can growl like no other. It's pretty impressive for this baby to be able to make noises like this. I think I have a pretty good video on my phone I will try to load soon too.
Despite all the sickness it's been an exciting month full of changes from our baby girl. We look forward to seeing what this next month will bring. Love this little lady to pieces!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment