Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Jane: 1 year old!

Last week our baby girl turned 1 year old! I'm truly in disbelief that a year has already gone by. I know its cliche to say "it goes so fast" but it really truly does. I personally think it goes even faster the second time around. We actually took these pictures last week but with all the craziness going on around here I haven't had much of a chance to do any posting. This is actually my 3rd attempt to fit some blogging in during naps.

This is the same exact chalkboard we used for Anna at 1 year. Glad I never erased it!
Jane's 1 year appointment was actually today and here are her stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 6 oz (83%)
Height: 28.5 in (23%)
Head Cir.: 19 in (99%)

I still think she's a little taller then they measured but at least this time they didn't have to re-measure. She certainly isn't a tall child but I don't think she's that short. We looked back and she's almost an inch taller then Anna was at a year and 2 1/2 pounds heavier. We stuck Anna on the scale while we were there just for fun and fully clothed she was not even 29 pounds so Jane is quickly closing the gap between them. 


Jane's 12th month was a big one. On Memorial Day at almost 11 1/2 months Jane officially became  walker. She started the day with a max of 4-5 steps to a person very close by (usually me) and by the end of the day she was walking across half the room and doing it just because she could. Since then she's just taken off and is walking all over the place. It's been pretty fun but tiring because she's less content to just be held and wants to move. It made getting these pictures pretty tricky but we had fun.



Jane also became an international traveler this last month. I may have mentioned previously that we were accompanying Kevin to Barcelona, Spain for a work conference. It was amazing and I have a ton of pictures to sort through and posts to make but there has been way too much going on since we got back. Hopefully I'll get to it soon!

While we were there Jane got another tooth and now has EIGHT! I'm hoping we get a little break from teething before the next round hits. Sleep was going really well but the traveling kind of messed things up. We are finally getting back to normal and last night Jane slept until after 7 am! Whoo hoo!

As Jane gets older more and more of her personality shines through and it's amazing seeing the differences between her and Anna. Jane is very sweet, very silly, and overall very happy although she is very stubborn and has a flare for the dramatics. She definitely knows what she wants and lets you know when she is unhappy about getting something taken away. I took her off the swing the other day when she wasn't ready and you'd think her life was over with the little fit she threw. It's moments like that in which I realize I have TWO toddlers now. Jane can be pretty social when and flirty when she wants but she definitely has her shy moments and is very much a Mama's girl. Since Spain she has been wanting Daddy more and more but I'm still number 1 :)

It's been watching Jane start to really figure things out. From attempting to put her shoes, hat, or bow on (obviously not well) to  "using" items she sees us using to copying noises and expressions. One of my favorite things she started doing was saying "Nah" when we ask her a question. I think it even means "no" most of the time. Other times she just does it to make us laugh. She's been giving her version of a kiss lately although it's usually just the "mmmmmaw" sound. We are working on no teeth when she does go in for the real kiss. Biting in general has been a bit of a problem. Mostly it is just me and Kevin but occasionally she gets Anna. I notice she does it most when she's getting tired or hungry. Since it seems like it is a communication thing I'm hoping we can nip it in the bud soon. No one wants their kid to be the biter!


It's also been fun to be able to play with Jane more and more interactively. Her favorite game right now is the "grab it" game. She prefers to play with Daddy but others will do in a pinch. Daddy comes for a toy that's in her hand saying "Ahhhh" and pulling it to himself. Then Jane does it and it's so cute seeing her grab that toy and pulling it back so fast while making the noise. She smiles so big when playing. Sometimes she even initiates the game. I love that she's attempting to communicate more. She hasn't really done any sign language yet (I admit I'm not always consistent with it) but I'm trying to do more of it so hopefully we can communicate even better. She's not really talking a ton yet although she is very vocal. She says "mama" and "dada" but we're not 100% sure it's referring to us yet. She does make noises like "quack" and "ahh ahh" when looking at pictures of ducks and monkeys respectively. 


Such a fun month and so amazing to watch our two girls playing together and their love growing. I'm hoping to post a few videos along with Spain pictures, shower pictures, and birthday party pictures. I better get busy! Happy birthday sweet Jane. We love you so much.

No comments: