This particular day was the last day of the conference for Kevin. There was a Gala that night and Kevin needed to go to it so I knew it was going to be just me and Jane for the day. The party that evening was at MNAC (Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya) which is housed in the Palau Nacional. I was wanting to go there anyway so I thought that should be our outing for the day. We actually were able to escort Kevin to the conference that day since it was basically right next to it.
| View of Palau Nacional |
We had a little time to kill before the museum opened so we took our time wandering around checking out the exterior and enjoying the views.
Such a beautiful morning.
It was fun being able to see La Sagrada Familia from another perspective.
The Palau Nacional was the main site for the 1929 World Exposition. It is on the hill of Montjuic which we visited again later in our trip.
Jane enjoyed walking along the steps and getting out of the stroller and carrier for awhile. The only way up from where we were coming was via escalator. I strapped her in the ergo and it was kind of hot so she wasn't enjoying it that much.
View of the 1929 World Expo Fairgrounds from the front of Palau Nacional.
Jane checking out the fairgrounds as well.
The museum finally opened so we made our way inside. Once again, not a very stroller friendly place. Unless I wanted to take the wheel chair lifts I was stuck carrying the stroller up stairs. Not as bad as in the subway but I could have done without.
| Great Hall |
This area is the Great Hall. This is actually the location where the live band was playing at the party hosted by the conference later that evening. Jane and I watched the stage being set up while enjoying a snack in the cafe.
One gorgeous ceiling view.
It was beautiful and I enjoyed wandering through the exhibits but I don't know a lot about art so I became a little jealous of Jane when she took a nap in the stroller.
| A painting by Picasso |
I thought this stained glass was incredible.
Later on Jane and I took an elevator to the terrace for a view of the other side of the hill.
From the terrace.
By this time we were both pretty tired so I thought it was time to start making the trip back to our hotel. Once again there were escalators down so in the baby carrier Jane went.
| Less then impressed with the waterfall. |
A view of the Palace from the fairgrounds.
We had a pretty relaxed evening and I believe that night I just grabbed sandwiches from a deli to eat back in our hotel. It wasn't always easy to find restaurants with highchairs and trying to eat with a mobile baby in your lap is not relaxing. Jane had much more fun walking around freely in our hotel room and stopping for a bite every now and then. It was a fun day but I was glad in was our last day without Kevin around.
No comments:
Post a Comment