Kevin's conference was over! Hooray! We first had to go about checking out of our hotel and making our way to our new hotel. It was only a few blocks away but it was fun changing up locations and made it feel different from the conference part of the week. We did have to check out the pool area one last time (Kevin hadn't been up there all week)
The Picasso museum was on the same route as the El Born walk I had been on earlier in the week. One of the markets on the way was open this day though so we were able to walk inside. The market was built on an old monastery and there was one area where you could see the ruins.
While waiting for our tour to begin at the Picasso museum we grabbed some lunch at a nearby restaurant. You are not allowed to take pictures in the museum so we have none from that tour. It was a cool tour but Jane had a rough time. I tried nursing her, baby wearing her, and pushing her in the stroller but it was a struggle. It made me glad that I hadn't tried to go on a bunch of tours earlier in the week by myself.
The museum was really cool though. It had artwork from his as a boy and went through his journey as he studied certain techniques and moved to different areas of Spain to study. It didn't have some of his most famous works since they are in museums elsewhere but they had so much to share and did a great job telling a story of his life.
| Snuggles with my girl |
Once the tour was over we walk a short distance so Kevin could see the Church of Santa Maria del Mar. I hadn't taken a good exterior photo of the church so I was glad we stopped by.
Jane finally fell asleep and we made a pit stop for gelato.
On the way back to the hotel we made another stop at the Catedral de Barcelona since it was on the way back to our hotel. I wanted Kevin to have a chance to go inside since it was closed previously. We also went ahead and took the elevator to the rooftop to look around.
| Family photo from the rooftop. |
Such a gorgeous view of the city from up there.
View of Palau Nacional on Montjuic
All they had up there was this little walkway and poor Jane just wanted to walk around. Unfortunately there was not space and it was far from safe for her. We took this picture right before she began crying dramatically. I'm pretty sure she was just over the day.
After a nice nap we went down to lobby for a quick drink before going to grab dinner. This drink is called "Tinto de Verona" and is a popular summer drink in Spain. It is red wine and sprite and was similar to Sangria. Very refreshing.
We were staying so close to the Water Tower Garden that I had to show Kevin.
It was so wonderful getting to spend the entire day together. I was definitely happy the conference was over!
No comments:
Post a Comment