Thursday, March 3, 2016

January and February Fun

I feel like I've been trying to work on this particular post for a month. It was originally going to be a recap of January but since it is now March it is going to be a recap of February too.

It's been a busy couple of months so far. We've had a few nice days here and there but lots of inside play. I think we are all ready for spring but we've managed to stay somewhat busy indoors. I finally found the time to make cupcakes with the girls. 


They loved helping. This is really the first time I've let Jane help with this sort of activity and she was thrilled to be taking part. I can't really stop her since she can climb up on the learning tower by herself now.

We decorated a box one day which was a big hit.

Table dancing!

The girls helped Daddy put together a shelf.

We did lots of Valentine crafts including heart-shaped crayons!

Jane is very into play dough so we've doing a lot more of that lately.

We've also been trying to do more science experiments lately. This one was pretty cool. It was a snowstorm in a jar. Baby oil, white paint and alka seltzer = Big Hit!

Olathe East High School was putting on a performance of Mary Poppins and I decided to take Anna to it. It was her first musical and she did amazing for her age. After almost every scene she would ask me...is it over? She also had lots of other questions throughout and was always concerned about where the kids went. She was a little restless during Act II and wanted lots of snacks but for how long a musical is I was impressed. A matinee would have been better but we couldn't go that weekend. 
Anna's first musical!
Cousin fun with Hailie when she and Grandma came to visit.

We went with Thomas, Serena, and Adell to the zoo one weekend. It was a gorgeous weekend and it was fun getting together. 
I just love these pictures. Their butts are so cute!


The best I could do at a picture of everyone.

I need to load a bunch of pictures from my phone but we'll see if I ever get around to that. 

No comments: