I finally loaded some pictures to the computer so I thought I'd try and catch up a little. We had fun this month but it was also a long month. There was sickness on and off and I'm feeling pretty worn out from it all. It started the end of February when Anna picked up pink eye somewhere and caught a nasty cold and it's been a rocky road since.
A lot of television was watched this past month.
We did do a lot of crafts this month too.
| Anna working on her pot of gold. |
Jane caught the cold too and a WEEK after Anna had pink eye Jane had it too. Eye drops on little kids is not fun although they got pretty good at it by the end of it all.
The girls have moments where they play really well together. Of course there are other times when you hear Anna yelling things like "just leave me alone Jane!" or random screaming over a toy. Jane wants to do everything Anna is doing and sometimes they just need alone time.
| Anna giving Jane a check up |
It is so wonderful when they are getting along though.
| Sister Love! |
Anna ended up with an ear infection after her bad cold lending to another trip to the doctor. At that point I think it was only the second trip of the month. We didn't do antibiotics at that point because we thought it was viral. A few days later Jane had an ear infection too. We skipped antibiotics again but it was another trip to see the doctor. She ended up getting over it on her own. During this time Anna's cough was just getting worse despite the inhalers so we eventually made our way to walk in clinic again. At this point the doctor thought her ears still looked infected so we finally gave in and put her on amoxicillin. Anna finally started getting better but trouble set in from this which I will get to later.
We celebrated several birthday's this month and also meant several trips to Topeka. One weekend it was in Topeka for a HUGE Copp family birthday (I think there were 10 or more people being celebrated that day). I managed to get zero pictures of this. The following weekend we had our friend Ethan's 3rd birthday party.
The party was the week before Easter so they had an egg hunt in the back yard which the kids LOVED. It was Jane's first hunt and she was thrilled every time she found an egg. We had a great time.
After that party we were Topeka bound again to celebrate Grandma's birthday. James and Michelle set up a bunch of 'Minute to Win It' games and we had a blast playing. It was fun catching up with everyone and being silly. We even managed to get a family picture in!
Right after this Kevin had a trip to Germany and was gone 5 days. This ended up being a rough week for me and I have never been happier to have Kevin home! I will give more details in another post (most of my pictures are on my phone so it will be easier to just make a separate blog entry) but Anna ended up with Serum Sickness Like Reaction from the amoxicillin she'd taken. There were 3 doctor's visit this week.
Anyway, there was one day in particular where Anna got to watch a TON of television. On the other days we tried to do Easter crafts and science experiments to keep busy which were a big hit.
| A lesson in color absorption |
Anna made her first hypothesis and we talked about what that meant.
We also put a couple of eggs in vinegar and both girls loved looking and holding the eggs without a shell.
I thought everyone was healthy this last week but now Anna has another cold and a nasty cough. I hate that every cold she gets leads to terrible cough. We are really hoping she outgrows this asthma/reactive airway.
No comments:
Post a Comment