Sunday, June 5, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

This first picture isn't actually from Mother's Day weekend but the weekend before. It's the only picture we took the day we spent celebrating Kevin's birthday so I just decided to throw it in with this post. Kevin requested we play laser tag so that's what we did. We had an awesome time and it made Kevin very very happy. We also were able to grab dinner and a movie. A rare treat!

Mother's Day weekend was a very jam packed weekend. Anna had soccer Saturday morning and we left not long after that for Topeka for my cousin's baby shower. Kelly is due in June with a little girl. Can't wait to meet her!

After the shower was over we spent the evening celebrating Mother's Day with Kevin's side of the family. Jane roped Uncle Scott into reading book after book. When he grew tired she moved on to the next willing person. 

Anna and Adell played so well together that evening. 
Matching dresses!
We ran into a little drama that night when we had to take Jane to the Emergency Room. She was rough housing with Grandpa when there was a pop. Jane was very upset and wouldn't use her left arm. They got us in very fast (it may have helped that Jane was very upset and not exactly quiet about it). It ended up being nursemaids elbow, a dislocation of the elbow joint, and they were able to pop it back into place. Once she realized it didn't hurt anymore she quickly became her happy charming self again. We were just glad it was nothing serious!
Sitting with Grandpa after getting back from the hospital.
When we got back to the house Anna was watching a movie with Uncle Scotty. A cute picture even if I couldn't get one without Scott making faces. 

Kevin with him Momma.

I had to drive back to Olathe after all this drama to run a 5k with my friend Amanda in the morning. Amanda asked me a while back if I wanted to do a race with her and I agreed. Over the last year my exercise has been fairly non existent so I was excited to have motivation to get active again. This was Amanda's first 5k and my first in about 4 years. I finished in 26:20 which was 11th in my age group and 60th overall (out of 2,635). Not bad considering my level of training!
Post race picture
After the race I cleaned up and then headed back to Topeka. The girls made me an amazing card with their handprints that I LOVE even though it got ripped while attempting to take a picture. This was the best photo of the bunch. 


From here we went out to Auburn to celebrate Mother's Day with the Copp side of the family. Jane fell asleep in the car right as we were getting there and didn't stay asleep coming inside. She was a Grandma's girl and snuggled up for the longest time. 

At this gathering we were celebrating several birthday's including Kevin's.

Anna was pretty happy about the chocolate ice cream.
Janell, Grandmom, Me, and Anna
Cheryl doesn't come to many events so I don't get many pictures with her. 
Sisters!
Back at my parent's house Jane was all about Grandpa!

Another rare photo with Seth. He broke away from his devices for a while and I managed to grab a picture. He's even smiling!

It was a fun and busy weekend. Happy to be living so close to our families. 

No comments: