Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer Flashback: Ozark Vacation

I'm finally starting to go through pictures from our busy summer (and figuring out how to navigate my computer after upgrading to Windows 10 haha). I intended to just skip the summer and move on but I hate to miss posting on some really fun things we did with the girls. 

Our first vacation was to the Lake of the Ozarks with the Kents. The drive from KC isn't bad at all and I'd made some busy bags for the car to keep the girls busy. 

We had the rental house starting at 4pm on a Monday but we were anxious to get started on vacation so we left a day early and stayed in a hotel. Thomas, Serena, and Adell did the same so we coordinated so we were at the same hotel. We decided to try a little mini golf with the girls and I think they had fun despite the heat.
Group shot! (Note Jane's wild hair)
Thomas and I tied and they let us have a shoot out on the first hole to decide the winner. I won!!!!

After golf we needed to cool off so we stopped for ice cream.
Ice cream is bliss
Anna is all business when it comes to ice cream.

After getting settled in to our amazing rental house we made our way to Ha Ha Tonka State Park. It was a hot day but the old water tower and castle ruins were amazing to see. 
Grandma and Grandpa with their girls


An attempt at a family photo with a little bit of the old water tower in the background. The girls were hot and not crazy about having to smile for a picture.

Anna with the castle ruins in the background. It was destroyed by a fire not long after being completed but they have reinforced the walls so we can still enjoy it's beauty. 

The house Patti found led down to the lake and it was gorgeous. The girls had fun hanging out and playing in the water. 

Enjoying the Lake!

This picture of Anna trying to lay out like Aunt Serena cracked me up so I had to throw it in. 

There was an awesome movie room that the kids enjoyed. 

Some fun pictures in the gift shop while we waited to go on a cave tour. 


This is Bridal Cave. We'd just started the tour when we realized there were some really tight spaces we'd have to squeeze or crawl through. Jane also was showing signs of a meltdown (she wanted to walk by herself but we had to keep her from touching anything and it wasn't going over well). The guide said this is the time you can head back and get a refund. When I heard this I immediately started leaving with Jane. Soon everyone else was coming back up too.  

I did get a group shot before our tour ended. 
Kevin had found a red fishing pole and Anna was very excited about going fishing. They practiced a little bit one evening before the official early morning fishing that happened the next morning. I fell in love with this picture. Anna sure loves her Daddy

A little bonding time with Aunt Michelle.

Being silly with Grandma.

Anna and Adell are darling together. We love how much they adore one another. 

Playing games with Aunt Serena.

I don't have pictures of everything including swimming in the pool at the house, a fun hike, and our amazing last full day which we spent on a boat. The guys picked up the boat and then picked us up at the dock by our house. We spent the day on the water and it was incredible. There was one scary moment when I got our to go on the tube and Anna sort of flipped out and attempted to jump off the boat to "save" me or something. Luckily Grandma stopped the situation from escalating. For a few hours we had a couple of wave runners and that was a blast as well. The kids were pretty worn out (Jane especially- she didn't like having to wear her life jacket) but it was the perfect end to an amazing week with family. Thank you Patti and Kevin for giving us some amazing memories!

No comments: