Thursday, August 18, 2016

Jane's 2nd Birthday Party

So this post is a couple months late but I really didn't want to skip this one. I may have to take an intentional break from blogging after this but we'll see. This summer has just been so chaotic between the birthday, vacations, holidays, potty training failure, family room renovation progress and Kevin's work travel. I'm also due to renew my CLS license which is going to take some time. Anyway, this post feels important so here we go.

On June 15th Jane turned 2 years old!

We celebrated her birthday the following weekend in Topeka and we had an ice cream themed party.

I was sucked into the pinterest trap and spent waaay too much time on decorations.


I enjoy crafts and these types of projects so it was fun but I probably need to cut back in the future.


I HAD to use these ice cream dishes that were my Grandma's though. And I already had the 2's from Anna's second birthday that only required a little paint. See...this is what happens.


Then there were these cupcakes that seemed super easy. They weren't hard but it took A LOT more time than anticipated. Next time I'm going back to regular cupcakes even though I was happy with how they turned out.

One of my favorite things to make was this piñata.

To keep the kiddos busy we had coloring,

pom pom ice cream scoops,

an ice cream craft,

and of course balloons!

  Jane was excited about opening gifts but had a hard time when she wasn't allowed to sit and read her new book (the first gift she opened). 

Asking a 2 year old to wait is a tough things but she rallied and got through it.

Anna was actually a great helper and kept encouraging Jane to open the next gift. A 3 year old has had way more practice with these sorts of things ;)

Eventually we made our way outside for one last gift from Grandma Patti and Grandpa Kevin.

A bouncy house! The kids loved it and we are so appreciative. 



After cake and ice cream it was finally time for the piñata. All the kids took a turn and it was nothing short of hilarious. 

All the kids were so timid with the bat and there was basically no way that a bunch of little kids were going to even put a dent in this thing. I have it all on video but it is way too long to load so you'll have to take my word for it.

We called in a heavy hitter though and got the job done. Thanks Seth!

We attempted a photo of all the little kids but it didn't go that well. Jane was very upset that I wanted to take a picture. Poor little lady was worn out!

Before everyone even left Jane fell asleep on Grandma Patti. While Jane napped Anna played outside with Daddy and Jane's new kite. She was very excited about it and it was so cute watching her find such joy in it although I think Kevin and his Dad may have had even more fun with it. 


It was a great day and we are thankful to everyone who made it and helped us celebrate her big day. 

Jane's 2 year appointment was the following week and went great. She weighed 27 pounds (55%), was 33.6 inches tall (52%), and her head circumference was still at 100%. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before how much she is talking. She is incredibly verbal and we've had so many people comment on it. It definitely helps having a big sister because Jane likes to repeat pretty much everything that Anna says. We're so lucky to have this little girl in our lives and I still can't believe my baby is two already.

No comments: