Last week Anna started Preschool at a nearby church! I can hardly believe my little girl is in school now.
We weren't planning on starting her until the fall but during our preschool search things changed. We were leaning towards a Montessori school but after the tour we took in December we weren't impressed...especially considering the cost. Then I was left trying to find programs that we liked that worked with other activities.
We'd toured this particular preschool a couple years ago when we were considering a 'preschool lite' program but ultimately went another direction. The only problem was getting her into the morning class instead of the afternoon class. All the activities Jane would do would be in the morning and it sort of complicated life. Then we began toying the idea of starting Jane next year since she can take a while to get used to new situations. Plus, with her having a summer birthday (she'll be one of the younger students) we thought maybe it would be good for her. This only worked if Anna got into the morning class which seemed unlikely since we weren't currently enrolled.
One of the amazing ladies working in the office then came up with this wonderful option. They had an opening in one of the 3/4 classes and she could start in January allowing us to enroll with current families. We had to push back her start date a little bit to get all the forms filled out and give notice on her other activities but last week was the big day and she was so excited.
On the way there she kept talking about how she was excited about learning her letters, her numbers, about recess. She then declared..."I'm so excited for preschool. I can't wait to learn everything!".
We arrived a little bit early so the teachers could show Anna the morning routine and she did so great. She's coming out of her shell and talks so much more than she used to. One of the teachers was talking to her about how they were going to put her name on a label and she chimed in..."It's with two A's and 2 N's".
Anna and Jane said goodbye and I took Jane to Activity School. When I picked Anna up the teachers told me she did great and played with a couple of other little girls. She loved it and kept talking about how she can't wait to go back. She's been sick this week so she had to miss yesterday but I think she will be able to go tomorrow.
I also went to enrollment for next year and I'm happy to report that Anna did get the morning slot so it is going to work out for both her and Jane to go next year! Anna will go 3 days a week and Jane will go 2!
Since Anna is now potty trained (it went pretty fast after she turned 4...she kept saying she would go after she turned 4) she got to start dance. It is a ballet/tap combo class and she seems to really like it so far. Her class has a spring recital in May and while I'm not looking forward to purchasing costumes for it I think it will be pretty cute. I'm not able to really watch her class at all (there is only a tiny window and I have Jane over in the nearby gym during the class) but when the girls are dancing at home I see her doing a few moves that I know are from lessons.
![]() |
| Cutie! |


No comments:
Post a Comment