As usual I'm in a position where I am ridiculously behind in posting on here. In part because of how much Kevin is traveling with his current job, in part because neither Anna or Jane nap anymore, and we're also busier with activities and house projects. I'm aware that basically no one reads this anymore but I've been terrible about writing anything in my 'kid journal' so I'm not wanting to give this up. It's at least some attempt of documenting and organizing my photos. Many of these are going to be from my phone so they are somewhat random.
In January and February we went to open gym at Debbie Howard's several times. There is a long trampoline, a foam brick pit, climbing structures, balance beams, a bouncy house, and more. When the weather is bad it's worth the $5 per kid to let them get tons of energy out.
We put up a bird feeder in the backyard and we enjoyed watching the variety of birds we attracted.
Lots of goofiness happens in the Kent household.
In February we had some unusually nice days so we tried to get outside as much as possible.
I posted this picture on Facebook with a fun story about Jane. We'd been at a park near where Anna has dance lessons on Wednesday mornings. After class Anna joined us and we continued to play. The girls were climbing the 'spider web' structure when the an older boy was telling Jane that she was too little to climb it. She responded somewhat aggressively that she could indeed climb it. Then she proceeded to climb up it (not the entire way up but she definitely proved herself). Jane can be exhausting at times with her strong will but in situations like this I'm very proud. She's going to stick up for herself and isn't going to take crap off of anyone!
Another trip to Debbie Howard's Open Gym.
I've been adjusting to Jane dropping her afternoon nap and as a result I haven't been motivated to do as many crafts as usual. We did fit a few in to help us get ready for Spring and St. Patrick's Day. Our virtual book club (which I've been very lazy about participating in) was doing a week on rainbows so we checked out some books about rainbows from the library and did a rainbow craft.
We also did a rainbow-number matching activity which was a big hit for some reason. I guess kids love rainbows!
I'm hoping to get some more posts up soon!
1 comment:
Well, I check your blog regularly. I love to keep up with your family and Janell and Melissa's blogs. It is so nice to watch the children grow up and know what's going on in your families. Keep it up as you are able! :)
Post a Comment