I'm enjoying going through photos from last December and remembering some of the fun things we did last year. We were busy!
Parkville Nature Sanctuary was hosting a Trek with Santa that we decided to drive up for. We wanted to look around the area some anyway since we were getting ready to move up that direction. It was such a fun event.
Jane was a little unsure about Santa but she did agree to a photo.
There were supplies to make pine cone bird feeders and the kids really enjoyed making these.
Once those were completed we began out trek and hung bird feeders along the way.
Once we made it to our destination at the shelter area along the train there was another station set up to make bread feeders too.
There was a long line to see Santa but luckily the girls had already had the chance tell him what they wanted for Christmas.
The kids also got to make s'mores and have hot chocolate. They loved it!
We're planning on going to this same event this coming weekend as long as the rain doesn't get in the way!
We also had a fun gingerbread day and we decorated gingerbread houses. I bought a kit rather than making my own houses but I did buy extra treats to decorate it with.
This was a HUGE hit and they loved snacking on the candy along the way.
They were pretty proud of the final product.
Jane doesn't care for the gingerbread itself (I kind of agreed...it didn't taste that great) but loved the activity. She's seen them in the store and has been talking about it non-stop so we won't get away with not doing these again this year.
I also love gingerbread cookies so we had to make our own.
The girls love baking too.
Decorating them was just as much fun.
Since we were on a gingerbread week we did some gingerbread house letter matching activities.
Gingerbread week prompted us to start candy cane week. I love this picture of angry Jane. 😆
| Candy cane number matching |
We decided to make peppermint salt for a sensory bin.
I didn't turn out exactly how I'd planned and a lot of salt ended up on the floor but the girls still had fun.
I just like this picture.
Candy cane jingle bell art! I laminated them and put ribbon on them to be ornaments but I need to find them.
With December just a couple days away I really need to get my crafts and activities lined up. I love this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment