It was a nice ceremony with cake included. I'm glad to be done, but now I have to start applying for jobs and start life in the real world. At least then there will be paychecks!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Graduation
It is official...I have finished graduate school. The 11th class of the San Jose State University Clinical Laboratory Science Program has graduated. (that is a mouthful) The ceremony was at the San Jose Art Museum. Here is a picture of me and Shirley, my education coordinator at Stanford hospital. She was in charge of our schedules, stipends, rotation finals, etc.
This picture includes Li, the other trainee from Stanford who just graduated also. We have known each other for awhile now since we took our prerequisite courses at DeAnza College before beginning the program. It is going to be strange not seeing her everyday. It was wonderful having someone to share the ups and downs of the year with and I am really going to miss her. On the far right is Sim who is Shirley's new Lab Education Assistant. He is in a band and I'm hoping to go see him perform sometime this fall.
After the ceremony we were all allowed to go and view a couple of exhibits in the museum. There was a really cool Robot area. There was one giant robot constructed out of styrofoam boxes and shipping pieces. The museum was okay, but I'm glad that we didn't actually have to pay to go to it.

It was a nice ceremony with cake included. I'm glad to be done, but now I have to start applying for jobs and start life in the real world. At least then there will be paychecks!!
It was a nice ceremony with cake included. I'm glad to be done, but now I have to start applying for jobs and start life in the real world. At least then there will be paychecks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment