Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween

Last year we carved pumpkins with Brian and Moria and we had such a great time that we decided to do it again this year. After perfecting our pumpkins we ate delicious homemade nachos and finally got Brian and Moria started on season 1 of Dexter. Perfect to get ready for Halloween the next weekend.

Unfortunately with the high amount of mold in the area our pumpkins didn't make it to Halloween. We didn't put them outside soon enough so they were mushy and leaky just a couple days later. Moria had put hers in the fridge wrapped up so next year we will all have to do that.

Per tradition we got ready over at Brian's apartment and awaited trick or treaters. He lives in a family housing complex so there are always lots of kids. I always love seeing their costumes and handing out candy. Here is us after we finished getting ready.

I'm a cop while Kevin is obviously a stop sign. Moria is playing a character from the t.v. show "Arrested Development" and is not actually a slut. (She covered up her shirt while the kids came around so don't be concerned). Brian is also playing a character from the same t.v. show in case you are wondering why he is covered in blue.



After giving candy to the kids we headed over to a dessert party that Moria's roommate was throwing. Like we needed to eat any more sweets. Here is our friend Dan playing Dr. House from the show House M.D. for those not familiar. He really had the limp down and it was great.




After the dessert fest we headed over the the Rain's Graduate Student Housing. There was dancing and a costume contest. We had Kevin enter in the category for the best overall costume and he won! Gift card to Godiva chocolates!!! There were amazing costumes that night, but Kevin was really social throughout the entire night. He kept going up to people dancing and telling them to STOP!! People kept coming up to him to take pictures with him. If I was close by I was writing out tickets for people who failed to stop. It was a blast!

Our final party of the night was at another graduate students apartment. Once again...amazing costumes. I am always amazed at people and their creativity! We were supposed to go out to another party on Saturday night, but we were pretty "Halloweened out" so we stayed in and watched more Dexter with Brian and Moria. It was also raining and I don't think Kevin wanted to paint his face red again and I'm pretty sure that Brian was not into going all blue a second time.

No comments: