Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

The last two Thanksgivings, Kevin and I have spent the Holiday cooking a big feast and just spending time with one another. While we had an amazing time we decided that this year we would have friends over that were not going home for the Holiday either.

Here are a few pictures from our day.

Our appetizers included turkey meatballs, pumpkin cookies, and turkey sushi (made with stuffing, cranberry, sliced turkey, carrots, and mashed potatoes) courtesy of Scott. We were excited to finally get to use the 3 tier buffet server we got as a wedding present that has never been opened.We decided to brine the turkey this year and I think it turned out great. We will probably let it brine a little longer next time, but we were happy with the results.

This is our friend Jean (from Indiana) who took a lot of the pictures. She had a brand new fancy camera and was excited to use it.

There were eight of us in total. Going around the table starting on the left with the people you can see is Guiseppe (our Italian who has been here almost a year. He leaves in 2 weeks and this was his first Thanksgiving), Jason (St. Louis), Scott (New York), Jonathan (Indiana), Sarah (Vermont).

We had so many deserts that we were all stuffed by the end of the night. Sarah brought Pecan pie, we made Cherry pie, Scott made Rum cake, Jean made a Pumpkin Cake Roll, and Scott made Sweet Potato pie. We are still working on the leftovers.


Jean took this picture and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't believe we were all looking at the camera and the same time and that Kevin wasn't making a stupid face.
Later in the evening a couple more people came over including Dave (New York) on the couch, and Colin (Canada) in the round chair. We ate more desert and enjoyed some California wine. Besides the fact that we weren't with family, I could not have asked for a better day. Spending the day with friends was wonderful!

We hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Thanksgiving day seemed wonderful. All of you are such chefs! Now that it is December I can officially wish you a Merry Christmas. Love, Aunt Sandy