Saturday, November 8, 2008

A bad blogger

I've sort of been a bad blogger after I caught up on our Kansas trip. Thought I would take a little time today to catch up on what we've been up to.

Since coming back from Kansas we've managed to keep pretty busy. Here are a few pictures from a few events the last few weeks.

Wine tasting with friends on campus on one of the last gorgeous weekends before rainy season.


A few in the group are something of wine connoisseurs and were able to teach us quite a bit about the different kinds that we tried.


Kevin's good friend Eddie made a trip out to the west coast to visit. We took a couple trips up to San Francisco to do a little sightseeing. This is Grace Cathedral. It was amazing inside and out. My camera didn't do so well on the inside, but believe me it was incredible.


Here is one of the fountains outside of the church.
Eddie and I talked Kevin into going to the Aquarium which was pretty amazing considering he hates aquariums. I thought it was pretty cool...and I think maybe Kevin didn't think it was too bad either.

Kevin had to work, but Ed and I headed back up to the city to check out Alcatraz. I'd been there once before, but it had been 2 years so it was cool to go back.
It wasn't as windy as the first time which made it a little easier to check out the outside. I still can't get over the view!
Our friend Jason had a birthday so his friend Blase threw him a surprise party. He really had no idea and it was great!!
We broke out the crazy hats and everything.


I'm still in the process of waiting for my California license and working on finding a job. I had an interview at Stanford and it went really really well, but the hospital is dealing with their own set of financial drama so it seems to be taking longer than I would like for a job offer. In the mean time I have my resume out at a few other places so hopefully I will be gainfully employed soon.

Kevin has just received an award for the most progress for earlier graduate work! He was nominated by his adviser/boss and won! I'm so proud of him. The official ceremony is in a couple of weeks when the department will give out several other awards as well. Part of the award was $500 so we weren't complaining too much there either!!

No comments: