Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Last Couple Weeks

The last couple weeks have been busy. I will load pictures later when I have a little time, but I thought I'd give a quick run down of what is going on.

I've been working at Borders Bookstore while applying for jobs and I have had several interviews. I have one job offer at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation and I have a second interview with Genomic Health in just a few hours. I am leaning towards the PAMF job, but we thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and take the other interview. If things go as planned I will be starting on Jan. 5th! It is such a relief to finally be entering the career world!

Kevin has been keeping himself busy with research and classes as well. He just finished his last required class so that is a relief. He is taking a tutoring job over Christmas break. It isn't a ton of hours so the extra cash will definitely be nice!

We weren't able to find affordable flights home for Christmas this year so we will be staying in California. We have decided to take a road trip down to Newport Beach over Christmas though. Gas is at a great price right now and we found a really affordable hotel a block from the beach. The water may be a little cold even that far south, but we are excited to get into some 70 degree weather for a few days. Won't be the same as family...but it should be pretty fun!!!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: