Monday, February 9, 2009

Karaoke in S.F.

So last Friday we headed up to San Francisco to do a little karaoke. Our friend Lana decided we needed to stop being "lame" and go to the city. When we first arrived at the karaoke bar we were a little skeptical. It was a really tiny bar and you could barely make your way through or even find a place to sit. After a little bit though, half the people there were people in our group and we had a wonderful time.

Here is Whitney and me singing Madonna's "Like a Prayer".


Our car has been in the shop and Jean was kind enough to give us a ride up.

Us jamming out. For the life of me I can't remember which song we sang...I will have to ask Kevin later.


Kevin really can't resist being a background dancer. These guys had us all cracking up.
Kevin and Daryl singing made for a wonderful duet.

At some point someone in another group decided it would be a good idea to smoke a cigarette. (This isn't allowed in any restaurants or bars in California). Unfortunately they were right by the smoke alarm and set it off. The bar owners couldn't shut it off until the fire department arrived so we decided that it was probably time to head home even if it was still early.

I think the best part of the karaoke was the cheesy 80's videos that were on the screen. I almost died of hysteria when Kevin was singing "Born to Be Wild". I don't think I've ever seen such a horrible music video in my life.

No comments: