Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amy's B-day in Phoenix

On Saturday I flew to Phoenix to surprise my friend Amy for her birthday. I'd had it planned for about a month with the help of Dustin who also lives in Phoenix. It was also great because I hadn't seen Dustin since our wedding when he flew in to be an usher.

Dustin told Amy that a friend of his from KU was flying in and asked if "he" could tag along for her birthday celebration. Dustin managed to convince Amy to come to the airport and go out to lunch with this friend also. As I walked out to the car Amy said to Dustin "Is that Cara?......" When Dustin replied, "Why I think that is Cara Copp" I think it took Amy a second to realize that we had planned this together. I was so happy that we'd managed to keep it all a surprise.

First we grabbed lunch and dished out all the details of our awesome plan and just plain caught up on life in general. Amy was house sitting for Dustin's Dad so we headed over there to hang out and get some pictures.


Even at our wedding I didn't really get to see Daigle that much and it was great that the three of us could be together again after way too many years.
My best buds from High School!!!

We were heading to dinner and then the club that night so we had to get beautiful. It was fun getting all glammed up to spend some time with my girl.


We went to a sushi place called 'Stingray' and it was delicious.
At the club we managed to get in without having to wait in line or pay a cover and that was definitely a bonus. We had such a blast!!!
After our evening out ended Amy and I grabbed some Mexican food and hopped in the hot tub and just enjoyed being able to spend some time together.

The next day we grabbed some pizza at a great restaurant called 'Oregano's'. I ate at this place with Amy when I was down in Phoenix years ago helping Amy move back to Kansas. We just chilled the rest of the day until dinner. Then it was time for my short trip to end. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I don't have any time off available yet. Luckily it is a fairly short flight and we are in the same time zone.

Luckily Amy is coming out here in July so we will get to see each other soon. She'll be staying for longer so we'll have a little more time together.

No comments: