Two years ago, Kevin's lab had a ski trip up at Lake Tahoe. I wasn't able to go because of classes, but Kevin had a blast and was determined to make another ski trip happen. Kevin did most of the organizing along with some help from a few fellow lab mates. We rented a house up at Tahoe and headed up on a Friday night. I had to work until late, so a car full of us didn't get there until after 1pm. We headed to bed asap so we could get up early enough to make it to the slopes. Only 5 of us were skiing or snowboarding while everyone else went snowshoeing.
This was supposed to be a "tough" picture, but of course Kevin decided to be goofy. I think I look pretty hard core though....

We tried again for a pleasant picture, but the sun forced us to squint just a little bit...

Isn't he cute?

Another tough ready to ski picture!

Here is a group shot of the 5 of us that headed for the slopes. From left to right: Bettina, Luke, William, Kevin, and me!

I wanted to get a nice shot of the view from one of the lifts. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to get one without another lift chair in it, but it is still a great view!

When we got back to our rental house that night, Kevin's lab mate
Minsub was hard at work preparing us a home made Korean dinner. He wasn't able to ski due to a twice torn Achilles and wanted to do something for the group.

We ate so much delicious food that night and we were so incredibly full. Just thinking about the food from that night starts to make my mouth water! Thanks
Minsub!

Later that night we played a few games. One was "
Wolfin" a game similar to "Mafia" if anyone has heard of it. We played several rounds and had many great laughs.

One of the Boxer lab members, Bob, had to head back on Saturday night so we had to get a group shot before he left. It took about 5 shots before we got a decent one, but I think we did pretty good.
Left to Right Top: Bettina, Luke, Laura, Brett, Mark, Bob William
Left to Right Bottom:
Prasad, Kevin,
Minsub, Brett, Cara

Later we had homemade hot chocolate and I loved the presentation so much I had to get a picture.

During one of our "
Wolfin" rounds, William and I ended up being 'wandering spirits'. Here is our interpretation.

Luke used his musical skills to entertain us with a clever song.

On Sunday a few people headed back to the slopes, but the rest of us finished cleaning up the rental house. We hit the road and headed back to Stanford. We had such a wonderful time on the trip. Hopefully next year we are able to have another ski trip and even more people are able to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment