The first night James arranged a pub crawl for me to surprise Thomas and Scott while Joseph picked me up at the airport. Thomas and Scott showed up to see me and Thomas said 'What the hell are you doin' here?' and Scott said 'Hey Kevin.' The pub crawl that James 'arranged' ended up being the Third Annual Dinkel Family Pub Crawl that we invited ourselves too...and it was a little awkward at first, but everyone eventually warms up to having us five come along.
The next morning I watched Die Hard with Joseph and James at James' pad, and then we went over to surprise Mom and Dad. James and Joseph went in first and shuttled Dad inside, then I came around front. They told Dad something like they brought a church full of people along with them, and when I rang the doorbell they told Momma it was Santi. When I opened the outside door Dad was inside the glass door and he said 'Oh hey Kevin', and upon hearing Dad say that Momma said in one of the highest pitches I've ever heard 'Is that Kevin!?!?!?'. Then there a few blurry seconds when Dad tried to get the door open why Momma let off a shrill giggle and ran full speed at the glass door. At the last second Dad got the door open and Momma flung her arms around me and hugged me for a few minutes. It was pretty fun surprising everyone. Scott and Dad's identical reactions were pretty hilarious. Joseph and James did a pretty awesome job at covertly sneaking me in and setting up the meeting with Scott, Thomas, Mom, and Dad.
The rest of the trip is pretty well covered by some key pictures my Momma supplied so here goes:
This is me setting up the volleyball court. Thomas, Dad, and I set it up, and I guess a few people stopped by and asked what professional we hired to set up our volleyball court.
This is my Dad showing off his sexy grillin' skills.
So Momma got done with these fruit bowls and was so impressed with them that she wanted us to take a picture of them, so James held them like a precious baby for the picture. About 1 second later Joseph swallowed the entire bowl of fruit out of James' arms.
Here's Terry and Theresa. Terry and my Mom stole Theresa's car and went on a joyride later that night.

Here's Thomas with his fiancee and Patrick. Aren't they cute?

So I hired a few guys to shoot off fireworks across the lake as a surprise and they ended up doing a really nice job.

The next day there was an epic water fight: Scott and me vs. James, Joseph and Thomas. James, Joseph, and Thomas had a huge advantage of having all of the hoses, and they had me cornered while Scott got away. Just as I was about to be soaked, Scott ran around the corner with two pitchers of water (and I swear I heard 'Chariots of Fire' playing) then he dumped them on James and Thomas, and I made my escape. This picture is one of the many examples of Scott and I kicking the crap out of those jokers. The only reason I'm all wet is because Scott thought it was hilarious to keep spraying me when we were filling up our pitchers.

Here's another clear example where I'm showing James who's boss.

This is Bella looking beautiful in the sun.

Bella and I have come such a long way. We're best friends now.

These are kind of out of order, this is Joseph and Scott before the epic water fight.

I missed my first flight back to California. This is the five of us right before I left for the airport (for the flight I ended up missing).
This is me and my Momma right before the flight I caught.
No comments:
Post a Comment