Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sacramento with Grandad and Grandmom

This weekend was a special treat for us. Grandad and Grandmom were in California and we were able to coordinate things so we could actually meet up and spend some time together. Kevin and I drove up to Sacramento on Saturday morning and met up with them at their hotel. From there we grabbed lunch and had a really really nice time just chatting and catching up with each other. It was fun hearing about their trouble through Utah and hearing other stories from home. We looked at old pictures of Grandad's family and got to hear about a lot of neat history. The stories about my dad were also pretty awesome!!!

Me and Grandmom at the hotel.

Kevin and Grandad.
Me and Grandad.

The reason Grandad and Grandmom were in California was for an anniversary party for Grandad's cousin Bill and his wife Hilda's 50th wedding anniversary. They hadn't told them they were coming and had it was fun being in on the surprise! I made sure to have the camera out for a few pictures. It was so neat being able to see the expressions on their faces when they saw each other.

Hilda was near tears at the sight and I loved seeing how happy they were!
Smiles everywhere!!!
I made it a point to get a group shot right away so I wouldn't forget.

Bill, Ramona, Hilda, and Pete.
At first Kevin and I were nervous about being at a party where we knew no one except for my grandparents...but we ended up having a wonderful time! Everyone was so welcoming and made it a joy to be there. There was also a lot of delicious food which was a bonus!!! Bill and Hilda were both fantastic and it was a blast meeting them.
After we left, Grandad and Grandmom spent a little more time at the party before heading back to their hotel. On Sunday, they went back over to the house and were able to spend even more time with Bill and Hilda.

It was such a wonderful day and we were so happy it worked out for us to see them. Having family out here is such a treat and doesn't happen very often so were pretty excited.

Thanks Grandad and Grandmom for a wonderful Saturday and we hope to see you soon!!

3 comments:

Janell said...

I'm jealous! I've been trying to get them to visit me but they want to go on a cruise instead. Glad it worked out for you to meet up!
Janell

Anonymous said...

We just talked with Grandmom and she thought we would like your new posting. How fun to spend the time with them in your part of the country!

Aunt Sandy said...

Anonymous was from Aunt Sandy.