Monday, October 5, 2009

Beating UCLA

Saturday was another awesome day of football. It was a little cooler than last weeks game which I think we all appreciated. The game was also a lot earlier (12:30pm vs 6pm) so we had to get out there early. It turned out to be a pretty sweet setup. Scott brought bagels and coffee, Dan put his culinary skills to work with torizo omelets, and we grilled up sausages. It was delicious!
Luckily my friends Anne and Irene were able to make it to the game. Irene went to UCLA so I had to give her a hard time. She behaved and only wore a blue shirt giving no real indication that she was really cheering for the other team.


After taking on UCLA in another 'Flip Cup' game. (And completely annihilating them I might add...one round we had the perfect game...one flip each), we were ready for some football.

One of the drum players came over and let Kevin play his drum.
Pete, Dennis, Cara.
It was a really good game. Stanford played pretty well except for a little in the 4th quarter. They'll have to work at that for when they play some more difficult teams later on. This Pac10 win is great for them though!


Next week they hit the road to play the 3-2 Oregon State Beavers. It will be an important win to snag. We'll have to catch the score from Nevada though. Road trip this weekend to Reno! I can't wait!


1 comment:

Wagner said...

I like reading your blog - a good reminder of what life was like before kids!!
Janell