Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cardinal takes the Huskies

Last Saturday's game was a great one. We started our tailgate pretty early since we were helping our friend's Sarah and Jonathan with the set-up. Back by popular demand was Sarah's home made cornhole game. I actually had a chance to play this week and even though I'm not very good it is a very fun game!

Taking a break from the grill to play.
This year the newest class of Chemistry graduate students has a little bit of an attitude problem. (only a specific few...I guess I shouldn't say they all are that way) We decided we needed to take them on in a game of 'Flip Cup'. We were able to teach them a lesson by smoking them. Here is some of our winning team.
A little later we were able to round up some Washington fans to play against. The first round we made the mistake of allowing two first years to play so we lost. After replacing them with more experienced players we were able to snag a win. We were 2-2 and as we prepared for our last round for the title, the Washington guys started picking on me. I guess they thought if they intimidated me or something that I would mess up. I was pretty ticked off and I think my teammates were pretty riled up too. The last round started and then it was my turn (about halfway through). Only one try and I'd flipped my cup. Kevin continued on after me with a stellar performance and we not only beat Washington....we smoked them.

I wish I had a picture of our victory but let me tell you....it was sweet. We think that we may have to make this a tailgate tradition. That way, even if we lose the football game, we'll at least have 'Flip cup' :)

I think we look pretty cute here. (I'm a little biased though)
The game was a blast too. Stanford started out strong with a kickoff return touchdown. The final score 34-14. One online article I found described Udub like this.... "The Huskies simply came out flat, got punched in the mouth, and did not respond."

With this Pac10 win, things are looking much brighter than past seasons. We'll just have to see if they can keep it up. This Saturday...UCLA. It is supposed to be another win for Stanford but we'll just have to see. I have a friend coming to the game who went to UCLA for her undergrad. She is a pretty big fan and it is going to be fun to see Cardinal crush the Bruins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! The pictures are great. So good to see you both having so much fun!