Being home was wonderful. I was still recovering from a nasty cold on the way there and I was grateful that on both legs of my flight the plane was not crowded. Having a coughing fit with nobody sitting close to you is much better than the alternative.
I was there by the time the Hailie and Seth were getting off the school bus. I loved seeing them run and then give me great big hugs. We had a blast playing together and I enjoyed being able to help them with homework.
We decorated for Halloween with some of the goodies I brought. Between Halloween costumes, decorations, and all the DVD sets I brought for my Dad to watch during his upcoming surgery, my suitcase was pretty packed. On the way home I was able to fit my smaller suitcase into my big one because of all the stuff I'd unloaded.
We did manage to find some time to make Halloween cupcakes. You can see our handiwork in a later picture.
Gotta love the mustache and the pretty dress.
Kisses!
Hanging out with the fam.
We bought a cd that had songs like 'Monster Mash', 'Purple People Eater', 'Jump in the Line', etc. and had somewhat of a little dance party. I can't really even begin to describe how much fun that was. We had a little strobe light and everything...awesome.
Dad got in on the dance party too. Pretty good moves for an old guy:)
Here are our cupcakes...they were very tasty.
I was able to see Grandad, Grandmom, Aunt Laura, Aunt Julie, and Greg while I was back. It was fun spending a little time with them. It will be nice to see even more family when Kevin and I are both back over Thanksgiving. We haven't been home for Thanksgiving since we've moved to California and while we've enjoyed our new traditions it will be wonderful to spend this one in Kansas. A couple of years ago Kevin and I were both vampires for Halloween. I decided to recycle our stuff and so Dad and I got dressed up. We didn't want Hailie to get her white princess dress dirty so she morphed into a vampire too. She wouldn't really let me tweak her makeup much and the teeth were too big for her mouth. I think she looks more like a little Zombie....but a cute one at that.
As I said before...these picture are out of order. Here we are before heading to the airport last Sunday after church.
Mom was looking cute to pass out candy while the rest of us went trick or treating. I hadn't had time to do my makeup before trick or treating so I put on a mask that I had brought along with my vampire teeth. Our neighbor came over and took a group picture of all of us...but Kevin later told me a looked REALLY stupid in it so I've opted not to put it on here. I may add it later after I crop myself out of it. This picture cracks me up. Seth's face is priceless.
Leaving was hard as usual, but it was easier knowing that we'll be back very soon. I can't believe a week has already passed since I was there.
Since Kevin was here over Halloween I don't have any pictures. He did go to a costume party up in S.F. The costume he was originally working wasn't taking shape like he planned so he had to get creative. He bought overalls, a blue long sleeved shirt, a blue hat and put a 'K' on the hat. He gave himself a mustache and when people asked who he was he said in an Italian accent... "I'm a Kevin" He was playing the third Mario brother who couldn't get into the game because he couldn't jump high enough. I'm laughing as a type about it. Hopefully someone at the party took pictures and I can round one up at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment