Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stanford vs Washington State

The last Stanford football game was an early game (2pm) so we had to start our tailgate early. It was tough waking up early on a Saturday, but we managed to get everything together and were out on the lot by 9am. It was strange eating a hamburger before noon, but I didn't really mind. It took awhile for people to show up, but eventually the lazy folks made their way over and were able to have a great time.
I did manage to make treats for this game (I was a little bummed about skipping the USC game, but I just couldn't find the time). Moria helped me decorate again and I think the Rice Krispie Treats turned out pretty well. We played a couple rounds of Lance Armstrong again this week and once again had a blast. Dennis' girlfriend Rachel was in town for the game and she was looking forward to getting to play.

Here we are with our Stanford tattoos.


Due to the rainy overcast weather the stadium was pretty empty. Probably half of the people there were alumni back for Homecoming and a good portion of them were on the field so the stands looked bare.

Kevin and Ethan somehow managed to get down on the field without being noticed. Ethan was discovered shortly afterward, but Kevin was able to stay down there for quite sometime by telling everyone that he was alumni. He even got someone to give him a pass.
Needless to say we were cracking up. He was there for almost the entire first half of the game before someone got suspicious. They wanted him to give the field pass back but he just ran away and sat with us.


I don't know how well this video is going to work, but it was so hilarious that I wanted to at least try and include it.



It was great getting to see Rachel again so soon since Oregon only a few weeks ago.

Later on in the game Dennis used Kevin's pass to go back down on the field. Here he is with a few of the trees from over the years.
We somehow ended up with this Indian hat (Before Stanford was Cardinal they were the Indians but it was changed to be more politically correct. Why they chose a color instead of a real mascot I'm not really sure.)
After the game we were completely exhausted so we went home and took a nap. I haven't taken a weekend nap in forever so it was pretty amazing. They only problem came when we tried to go to bed that night and couldn't fall asleep. Still worth it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I loved the video! Amazing post! Way to go! Miss you both, looking forward to when you come home!